On Computing the Brain and Mind

Patterns are bound to belief.

Patterns are bound to rationality.

Patterns are bound to emotion.

Patterns are bound to reality.

Mind is a pattern . . .

You know that time when you cannot put into words a feeling that you have, that you just know it is there? Sometimes it is a bad feeling and at other times it is a good feeling. Your brain and your mind are arguing over some sort of pattern - a good suggestion that the subconscious exists.

That something between the mind and body is in mismatch - that something is a pattern of course and it gives to your conscious a sensation.

:-k

One pattern does not have to be in exact match . . .
. . . for we have tolerance . . .
. . . rational match is loosely based . . .
. . . belief becomes our savior . . .

Review of the original problem.
How to answer the question

First of all I am not going to give up on this - because I can see it clearly, I need to learn how to put my visualization into words, and once I do this we can be excited, and along the way I have been discovering a few new things - I am going with science is what we know, and philosophy is to discover what we don’t.

This post here–good intro–but it does not yet get into how to answer the question: This in itself has provided me with such a challenge and has left me wondering why I can not answer this in any simple way - it is time for me to analyze and review so as to give me a clue to why answering is difficult. Consider this part one of my review - I hope some sense comes from it. :smiley:

Method

Identifying the source

How do we scan the brain to find pattern recognition? We do not scan the brain right now because our technology is not powerful enough to give us a clear enough picture but we have much evidence to say that what we are looking at is accurate enough to infer the next step - by the time I have approached this several more times from other angles it should become clear that in fact we can create a scanner to find pattern recognition - this time I use the sprinkler as an example.

Try not to think too much about the sprinkler itself - just think about the pattern the water droplets make as they leave the sprinkler and also realize that this pattern has a source(where the sprinkler is located). We can do the same with the brain - we can say that when a person thinks of a cat then a certain part of the brain is the source of that thought. So even though our tech is not powerful enough to give us an exact picture we can move from the source into more abstract notions.

Analogy
By pattern recognition, we are talking about how the mind recognizes objects or properties or events based on how well it matches similar patterns from past experience. By pattern recognition we are talking about my principle of analogy and what that entails - that a cat and a dog has four legs says that the cat and the dog are more closely related than the fish but things could be connected in commonalities with fish if two entities ate fish then they are closer because of the fish.

Graph the source
What would we be looking at in the brain–via an fMRI scan, for example–such that we could say: ah, the brain is recognizing a pattern in its sensory input? The fMRI is not a powerful enough scan to give us an absolutely clear enough picture of recognition taking place inside the brain - then there is the problem of mind - mind being the software running atop the hardware is processing information using a different language than the brain - so hence we have an issue that must be first worked out regarding the difference between the brain and mind. The fMRI can only help us get at the source - graph the source.