Only Jesus Christ Loves You

Innocence is a big part of Jesus’ Sacrifice.

Children cannot make Sacrifices like adults can. Part of the Sacrifice, of anything in life, of life-itself, is knowing the importance of what is being gained, versus what is being lost.

Christ is symbolic of the Ancient Past, where many people were slaved, and sacrificed willingly for the profit and gain of their Lords and Masters. It’s different when people use each-other, viciously and hatefully, in the pursuit of politics. Parents were not asked; they were demanded, to relinquish their children to their Superiors. This is what Abrahamism is, as a religion and political institution. This is the foundation of the major religions of the world: Christianity-Judaism-Islam.

A Father is demanded, the death of His Only Begotten Son.

Children, young people, childless adults, do not resonate with Christianity, for this reason. They do not, and cannot, know it’s significance.

And you are here, trying to tell me, it’s not about “innocence”???

Whaaaaat??? How is it not?

What was Christ’s Sacrifice, what is any sacrifice, except that of Innocence? All humans are born into this world. None survive Life by Death.

Therefore, what will a common person Sacrifice, if anything? I find those suck in childhood, infancy, adolescence, the “Man-Children”…

These are the most morally, ethically, and spiritually corrupt. Those who want to live their lives without Sacrifice of any kind, or worse, demand others Sacrifice for them and their Greed, Sloth, Indolence, Gluttony, etc.

Yeah, I mean, your thing about sacrifice is good. And it’s there, in terms of narrative it is central to the story. Not only that, what it produces in Christians. The idea that life is sacrifice, at least for the worthy.

But it doesn’t require innocence to function, it doesn’t have to be innocence that is protected. That’s more of a leap to establish, and in any case, would pale, as well as sacrifice itself, in comparison with divinity. The goal of Christ is to bring people in touch with divinity. This brings a gravity to life, a depth, that itself is what gives any meaning to sacrifice or, ostensibly, innocence. It is the lack of this gravity that makes these man-children. Childhood itself does not make wantonness or indolence. If anything, children have a far higher capacity for devoutness, for taking things seriously and, if necessary, for self-sacrifice.

According to the Gospel of Matthew when his disciples came to Jesus, asking, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”, calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them, and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me”. What do you make of that?

Honestly, I don’t think Jesus took his disciples very seriously.

I think he was disdainful of anyone who would be a disciple in the first place. They were sort of, around, and he had to say something.

But at least I am not really talking about textual bible interpretation. I’m talking about Jesus the story, the Myth, the religion. What was the purpose of Christ?

If viewed through that lense, I think it will become apparent that his greatest emphasis was always on God.

That story is part of the story, the myth, and the religion of Jesus the Christ. Maybe it says something about his purpose and emphasis. After all he is saying what he thought makes a person the greatest. And what is that? To become the least.

Now you say Jesus’ emphasis was always on God. Cryptically, then, we should expect that the above saying says something about God. For what is God if not reality and what is reality if not the coincidence of opposites? Which is why reality must defy the law of non-contradiction.

So I ask: What is the purpose of you? Unless you know that, how could you possibly know the purpose of Christ?

By that token, unless you understand the purpose of you, you cannot really critique my analysis of the purpose of Christ.

So, what is the purpose of you?

I asked you first.

I never said anybody needs to understand “the purpose of themselves” to understand the purpose of anything else, you did.

So thee first.

Do people exist for a purpose?

I dunno, you asked what the purpose of me was. I have to assume you think they do. I also have to assume you think they have to know what that purpose is, before they endeavour to assess the purpose of anything else.

Maybe I’m wrong?

Do you disagree that the purpose of Jesus was to bring man closer to God?

It is written, “For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus.”

So no?

You can also say you don’t think Jesus had a particular purpose. We will accept that.

I mean we will accept that you think that.

Obviously both me and Urwrong, for different reasons, would disagree.

Consider the birds of the air and the lilies of the field. Do they have a purpose? According to the Gospel of Matthew, Jesus said we should be like them.

I still don’t understand if you agree or disagree that the purpose of Jesus was to keep man in touch with the divine, or if you think he had a particular purpose at all.

You want an either/or answer. Jesus was a both/and kind of guy.

The either or is not about Jesus, it’s about whether you agree or not.