organs of truth: 'Os' is Death.

What does the physical body, where the sensations are felt, want? Rather, when I don’t want (at the moment) anything at all, when I make no demand (through thought) whatsoever on the body, what state does the body settle into? If the ‘life’ of the body, without the interference of thought’s demands, functions in a smooth peaceful way, is the body teaching us to leave it alone and back off with the thoughts that stir up emotions and feelings. I would say emotions take root in the intellect and not the body – that, through the constant demand to experience sensations over and over, we are interloping into the affairs of the senses.

So the body has no goals, no frontiers but to see to the peaceful harmonious survival of the life it contains; a functioning that should remain sensitive to its environment, together with an alacrity to protect itself.

Would we, in a sense call that the ’truth’ of the physical body? After all, some place as a spiritual goal peace and harmony requiring techniques and methods to be undertaken to arrive at that state. Are truth and an harmonious life synonymous ?

The body is a sense organ. It has no wants. It seeks the practical - food, shelter and procreation. Emotional feelings are not from the body.

And additionaly one can not sense the sense organ. The only way we feel the hand is from the temperature in the room, it may sense cold or warm. We sense the hand if a injury has occured to it, we then feel the pain or discomfort. We sense the hand if a pressure of say a ring or pen is applied. But if none of this stimuli were absent one can not sense the hand, or any part of the body.
The sense organ can not sense itself.

Jake … I can see the sense in what you say about goals being small – for when the goal and the process of reaching the goal is simple and easy (small) your accomplishments will be great. It’s taking the complex and subdividing it up into lesser objectives producing a series of realized experiences that when linked, tells a story of a segment of our lives.

Whereas it seems to the intellect that the body might settle when we dont burden it with our attention, this state of settling is the body taking on a more energetic state and doing more work to keep in good condition. The brain, when active, takes up ridiculous amounts of energy that the body can very well use.

Im not too sure of that - for one thing the mind is an extension of the body, it didnt just pop up there for no reason. So whatever goals the mind posits for itself, there must be some continuity tracing back to the body. Also, I dont think the survival of the life is all that peaceful… so much battles have to be won against parasites and other invaders need to be waded off, so many acids produced to dissolve all that stuff we eat, and so on and on… so whereas it can be harmonious, peaceful is not the word I would use.

I would say these are certainly related. To me, truth is a intellectual/emotional/physical state of clarity, harmony, sense, not a metaphysical epistemological construct.

It’s not that I don’t like great goals, but a small goal will do, especially as an objective for travel. Almost as an excuse to move.
But I could also enjoy the trip if I were sent out on a reconnaissance mission through Iran to look for nucleair activity, if I had the skills to succeed in that sort of thing.

The body, which is physical/biological, derives its sustenance from basic needs. Physical material needs like water, food, you know, the basics, not from mental abilities. Given these basics, the body, by means of its own programming and intelligence, takes care of its own functioning and the life. This life energy has a flowing nature of which the intellect cannot capture.; it’s something which cannot be experienced at all. It’s just an expression of life, a manifestation of life. You don’t have to do a thing.

The brain plays a very minor dull and simple part in seeing to the basic needs of the body. Any energy you experience through the practice of any techniques is a frictional energy.
That energy is created by the friction of thought – the demand to experience that energy is responsible for the energy you experience.

The stuff of the mental intellect and the stuff that is the essence if life are different. Whereas there is no problem with the life and its own intelligent functioning, to the intellect there seems to be. It is the frictional thought of that which the intellect claims is a better condition that prevents coming to terms with life as it is.

The mental activity of the intellect has its limitations and realizing this is part of its own intelligence. Anything thought says about anything – it tries to talk about, deal with, or experience the body – it cannot, because living thought is something dead.

Thought is an anomalie in nature. Everything that thought conjured product or prcess or industry, is against nature.

The function of the brain in this body is only to take care of the needs of the physical organism and to maintain its sensitivity, whereas thought, through its constant interference with sensory activity, is destroying the sensitivity of the body. That is where the conflict is. The conflict is between the need of the body to maintain its sensitivity and the demand of thought to translate every sensation within the framework of the sensual activity. I am not condemning sensual activity. Mind, or whatever you want to call it, is born out of this sensuality. So, all activities of the mind are sensual in their nature, whereas the activity of the body is to respond to the stimuli around it. That is really the basic conflict between what you call the mind and the body.