paranoid ideation : become yourself and don't hide it.

The problem with paranoia is that not only the paranoid point of view, but the social outing of the self causes a regression :paranoid about paranoid about paranoid…this process causes a panic, and the cognitive analysis is right: “they know”.

The problem is considerable in the U.S., and the shootings in workplaces, and schools signify the frustration and anger.

The differentiation into types of paranoia, vis. Schizophrenic, personality disorder, drug related, schizotypal, schizoeffective, social anxiety, is made on basis of cogniitve, affective, and social relational—is a surmountable yet of considerably daunting endeavor.(For society and the self)

The openness of personality to new things is missing, with fear, guilt, shame, and isolation being major markers.

Here is a hypothetical. A person is involved in a social relationship, where he thinks games are being played, in order to enable him to be more socially functional.(Which may be happening) The games cause temporary crisis of paranoid doubt, (and anger) but not enough to open the personality.

If, the process has gone no further than a topical 

Photoscopia, with no delusions or hallucinations, is social involvement a more likely outcome?

Photoscopia is related to body image representation, and underlying that are the logical oppositional type issues barred from integration with secondary processes.

Can anyone comment, whether, the primary visual disturbance can serve as a function of filtering the self concept from new forms of behavior ? Or is it purely a conceptual block from the level of pre-determined ideas? Finally, does the behavioral model point to a subtle “staging” by the self vis-a-vis the others to separate(alienate by distancing) ?

Finally, there is an idea by R.D. Laing, that visual disturbances can occur from the lack of integration of visual, cognitive and relational processes. In particular mixing visual ideations with pseudo objects 

(Self and other), and the process of integration is represented as a clock like circle, where complete integration can occur when the markers make a 24 hour sweep. If the revolution is incomplete, it falls back. (From a social/cognitive state to a visual one)

Visual/symbolic structure is of a lower level type of "understanding–and is the function of the type “narcissitic personality” consists of.

Any comments?

I’m not familiar with the primary visual disturbance – could you expand on that a little more? What am I missing?

Another name is photo phobia. Its a common phobia, and it is very common. Even people well acquainted or even well related avoid eye contact. With some people it becomes an obsessive avoidance.

Photophobia is about fearing avoiding being hypersensitive to light.

Do you mean in everyone?

It seems like you are raising the issue that normal has elements of paranoia, which I would agree with, but is this what you are raising here?

It seems to me games must function as a closing off of opening the self. Or at least allowing a structure that allows for being social without being open.

CAn you define photoscopia - a link would be nice.

Been a long time since I read Laing. I could not really understand what you wrote here.

There are extant primitives who will not allow their pictures to be taken because they believe the process of being photographed steals their souls. So is this photo paranoia a diagnosable mental disorder or a primitive POV that still exists in the so-called “modern” psyche?
About Laing, I suppose I’m still influenced by Torrey’s claims that Laing became an alcoholic and renounced most of his former ideas.

It seems to me games must function as a closing off of opening the self. Or at least allowing a structure that allows for being social without being open.

CAn you define photoscopia - a link would be nice.

Been a long time since I read Laing. I could not really understand what you wrote here.
[/quote]
I still may have a copy of “the self and others”, and will give You an exact, but the jest is a diagram-representation of the function of preception–in relation to cognitive, behavioral factors. But I’ll try to give you the exact pag number later.

This is me “becoming myself and not hiding it”;

“Stop hiding and lying about yourselves, and I will stop being ‘paranoid’ about it.”

Said who?

But whoever said it is right, of course.

Irrellus:  photoscopia is not the fear of being photographed, it is the fear of being looked at.

Laing's retraction may or may not have been the result of a political necessity within the psychiatric community, rather than an actual change of position.

Liquor is a tranquilliser to diminish the pressure between public and privately held views, possibly.

Sorry irrelus, I misspelled it it’s scopophobia. Oops!

I’ve seen what you are saying here in bars. Some drunks take offense if you look at them. Still I don’t see much difference between that and the primitive notion that you are looking into a soul. Most animals take offense if you stare into their eyes.
Laing went off the deep end when mental illness invaded his family–a daughter, I believe. He felt helpless before the enormity of the disease.

“I” am random forces of moods, dispositions, and energies that have come together under the locus “me”. I am fucked.

But now I’ve played into that game if I believe this. How do I get out?

If you believe you're not satisfied with the game you are playing, most importantly the role you are playing, there is two ways to go: either change the role, or, change something about the role that is messed up.  

If that doesent do it, one way or another, I would temper the effect of whatever You are engaged in , in searching out how certain things in that role (job, school, relationship, etc.) May not match up in terms of Your attitude toward it.

Finally, you may be blocking certain things that interfere with performing in that role, such as feelings of similar kinds of things which You may have forgotten about.