Pedro's Corner

there’s an old rap group from the 90s called brotha lynch hung, that had 1 hit called “rest in piss” that you should check out. the shit is raw af.

Ingmar Bergman: Over-hyped moralist or avant-garde artiste?

I am downloading two movies to further debate this:

Cries and Whispers

Fanny and Alexander

Every girl has the fantasy of being a whore, but few actually have the bravery.

That is why the philosopher Suga Free says that it is the ho that chooses you. You can’t make a person brave, and you can’t force a brave person to do anything. Of course, you can blackmail or extort a girl into selling her body, but that is not what a whore is.

Started with Fanny and Alexander. My heart is kinda breaking at how good it is. Had to pause it. Though that does happen often these days, acid-induced ADD someone said once.

The beautiful thing about Bergman is that, at his peak, here as in Wild Strawberries, and even 7th Seal, he seems to be saying: “it doesn’t matter whether I’m moralist or not, because life is beautiful.”

In terms of pure crisp cinema, though, this is by far so far his best. I suspected he would be the kind to get better as he got older.

gotta keep those hos in line that’s what they need. like a dog needs a bowl of food and some water. like a plant needs sunshine and rain. a ho must be kept in line in order to thrive as a ho.

Alright, on to part 2 of the movie.

Okay, I’m back at the Corner. Why you might be wondering.

It’s Mr. Reasonable’s thoughts about women of all things.

Now, Smears, as far back as I can remember, has always expressed the ideological prejudices of those on the left end of the political spectrum. In regard to the role of government and race and law and order and most everything else that comes up “on the news” he usually swings from the left side of the plate on the Society, Government, and Economics board.

But it has always struck me that his attitudes toward women were rather, say, reactionary?

Or is it just the “ho” here?

There are women who are not whores. Does he separate them out and embrace the standard liberal agenda here in regard to, say, feminism and women’s rights?

What’s this thing of his with the “ho”?

I’m just curious.

Look at his signature:

[b]You see…a pimp’s love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.[/b]

Women who do “sex work”. He seems preoccupied with them. And with pimps especially.

Now, of course, his reaction to them [and to this post] will be deeply rooted in dasein. And I, myself, being fractured and fragmented in regard to all “conflicting goods”, am not able to pass judgment on anyone’s attitude about women. I don’t believe that there is an objective morality here – the politically correct frame of mind – because I don’t believe there is a moral/political font that establishes one.

Well, “here and now” anyway.

I’m just curious about it is all.

O…k, now it’s time for Cries and Whispers.

Jesus Christ was Fanny and Alexander good. I have no doubt it will remain his opus.

In his heart, Mr R is a decent guy. He is a reactionary at bottom. He’s just having some issues dealing with the university brainwashing he underwent. He thinks he has to hate black people in order to love freedom and be proud of his heritage. Ironically, he does believe black people are inferior because they were genetically bred to be inferior by forced labour traders. But that’s not really him, that’s just the elite white boy university brainwashing.

You see, if you want to own a woman, you are a trick. A pimp must think of himself as a conduit. That’s why the philosopher Suga Free also says the first thing you have to do is get right with God. You don’t own that bitch. She is a beautiful creation of God.

As a philosopher, you’ll make a great poet. :sunglasses:

No, nobody was wondering.

But I be wandering
I be squandering a pondering
On a flower that is over me
Hanging from a tree like it’s adoring me
Perfume envelopes me with smells of bitter sweet
That’s the rot that’s setting in arousing me
Life and death in symphony enrapturing with clarity
A tiger lies nearby and insects traveling
At any moment this might all just end for me
Another orgiastic noise in the cacophony
All will feel it, none of them will cry for me
So is heaven, this I can attest to thee

he doesn’t get it. its dasein, which basically means that he’s wrong. and that im right, as long as i say i might be wrong.

On the contrary, you yourself commented on it above. Unless of course you’re less than nobody.

I know: why don’t you write a really, really clever “postmodern” poem about him and the whores. :sunglasses:

No, seriously, forget about trying to just be clever here. As with Pedro, you’re no good at that.

I am genuinely curious about this distinction you seem to make.

And how on earth could your attitudes towards hos and pimps not be profoundly embedded subjectively/subjunctively in dasein – in the life that you lived predisposing you to think this instead of that?

Again, from my frame of mind, there is no Right and Wrong way in which to think about them. There are only personal opinions derived from the manner in which I construe human identity in the is/ought world here: ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=176529

No way am I saying that those who don’t think like you are right. My interest is more in how people come to think what they do about things like this in a world in which – scientifically, philosophically, theologically – there does not appear to be way to know for sure how all rational and virtuous men and women are obligated to think about them.

You’ll either put all the bullshit between us aside and go there or you won’t.

Y’all are starting to bore me, man.

I don’t wanna watch it now. The taste that Fanny and Alexander left is too good. It’s too risky.

why does he think i’m trying to be clever? what if im just typing what i think? not everyone goes around trying to be things.

have you seen gummo? it’s some bizarro shit. from this guy. some kind of fucked up visionary. some people think it’s hard to watch. but you should. you can’t unsee it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmony_Korine