Pedro's Corner (Part 1)

Gas or no gas, it was over for the krauts the second Turing beat Enigma.

Btw I made up my mind. I love Georgia and I love Alabama, but it will be Tennessee for starters.

You’re going to Tennessee on purpose?

God help you.

No, they had reached their targets but were beaten back.
Ive read all the oil theories years ago but they don’t line up with the movements of the front.

A lot of factors contributed to Hitlers defeat once he had had attacked Russia. If he had not thrown his men on Russia he would have had more than a few scattered machine gunners to hold the Atlantic coast.

As many Americans and Canadians as died there, there would have been no chance for an invasion if Hitler hadnt pilfered his western forces to defeat Stalin.

Of course when you invade Russia the Russian cold and the Russian distances will be your enemies, so scarcity of resources is an absolute given. Obviously that will play a part in your demise. But Russian men will play the greater part.

Russians had a real mobility problem. The way germans had been winning was by hit and running, staying mobile. They were aware of just how outnumbered they were (the generals, if not the faggot face).

I disagree that they had “reached their targets.” They had an awful lot of trouble mobilizing units even mid battle, or getting reinforcements in time to the right places.

Their supply lines were sound and resources good enough. Except they had to literally fabricate gasoline

And while the smallest strategic blunder will cost you a war with Russia, and Stalin was a secret strategic mastermind, a well fueld german army would not have been the same kind of foe.

Russian men did beat the germans, but mostly the millipns of men Stalin turned into the greatest and most quickly assembled industrial force in history. He turned Russia into one big Army Surpluss. He knew ehat wins a war.

Zhukov usually gets credit for the victory.

Stalins mastermind here is rather revealed in tolerating public reproach from Zhukov in many matters, whereas endless numbers of less useful men were sent to gulags for merely whispering doubt.

All war is mobility problem and now you’re going to war with Russia. I always figure Hitler knew as much when he started the operation but maybe he was like “oh, how now, we’ve come deep into Russia and this has cost us fuel and some tanks got stuck in this dreadful frozen mud. How could his happen? Why didn’t my advisors stop me?”

Of course Germany never was a genius at venturing outward so many Hitler simply didn’t give it a lot of thought and figured he could Blitzkrieg his way to Moscow. Thats fantastic.

I don’t know how he planned to govern Russia after he had conquered it. Napoleon I could see, French was universally spoken among the aristocracy and the two nations involved in such conquest share a poetic temperament and an ancientness. He would have made an interesting Czar, possibly a very good one. Leading Russia into he technocratic age sooner than what happened in reality, I can almost see it occur. But between Hitler and the USSR there is just no way of finding any common logos where one can be subjected to the other in one system. The Soviets didn’t manage to subject Germany either, only the morose part, not the weird Alpine and opportunistic river folk. Germans say there are 4 kinds of Germans; west, north, east and south, where the Northerners are Danes, and the Easterners aren’t regarded very favourably, because they cost a lot of tax money. The South and the West were already mentioned.

Hitler had a likability problem. He was only there to destroy. His movement was shit. Of course he didn’t conquer Russia, nor France for that matter or any national hearts and minds - he made a lot of Italians very uncomfortable. In England and America he was rather popular but he hated those nations. In Holland he was simply accepted after his bombers laid waste to the second largest city of the county with not much fuel costs at all and he announced that Amsterdam would be next if surrender didn’t come immediately.

Thats the thing with Hitler - he was more liked by those he detested than by those he respected.

Dweller on the threshold, a beginning of the influence of the Freud-made ego on politics.

Before Freud stepped into the river there was no such ego.

Not a puzzle, just a nice situation.

I don’t think he was planning on governing Russia. He had the idea he could do to them what Cortez did to the Nahuatl.

And as for France, his plan was to have his officers fuck enough french ladies to make France a delicate part.

Weirdly, they techically could have blitzkgreigued their way to Moscow. Only fuel and bitchler stopped them. And before we so quickly blame the lack of resources on Russia’s vastness, let us concede that the fuel shortage was artificial and massive.

You do point out the conondrum in Hitler’s leadership of a war: how to promote military geniouses and then still have your will be authority. How to make decisions without making decisions. A much less bithly leader would have been able to give the smart ones free rein and still claimed the victory personally, both symbolically and really.

That’s why Speilberg’s melting of the Nazi was so accute. And the lesson the gringos taught Nazi’s: beaurocracy baby. But gringo beurocracy, which is unreplicated and unprecedented.

A comment under the Rome video you posted earlier:

“Well, from my way of thinking, sir, this entire mission is a serious misallocation of valuable military resources.”

Heh

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX9k9aoX6gk[/youtube]

I vulturize and hypnotyse the hippies
Burlesque sessions under pin points and teepees
Leechy Nietzsche overcrowding your bitchy kneely feeling
Keeling
At your nearest port
Ready to avenge the ancient style curt
And lurd your pretty ladies into an abyss of hurt
Quite freely

Motherfucker played a mean guitar.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KflCXmEX6BY[/youtube]