Pedro's Corner (Part 1)

By the way it is a relief to know you did not pick it up with this late ukelele fad. That story is righteous.

Sounds like your dad picked it up during the war?

Thanks, Yeah, I am a bit angry, sorta mellow too.

vocaroo.com/i/s0gMvQ7S0jEl

My dad got it as a high school grad present from his folks. He learned just four songs. Played the damn thing on a date to woah the women. He played for my mom on their first date. He wasn’t particularly good either. One of the songs he played was “Ain’t She Sweet.”

Here’s a few bars of that tune.
vocaroo.com/i/s02nwN57Spg3

Goddamn.

Quite right.

Nice Mowk, I enjoyed that.
Such a very calming instrument.
But tough to play.

I once tried to play violin (incidentally, when in a sailboat). Its horrendously difficult for my constitution, just terrible, I must have looked like Frankenstein.

If appalachians played a cuatro, that’s what it would sound like. I heard the entire thing without thinking of Hawaii, but plenty of blues came to mind.

I generally despise that instrument. But I knew it was not it I should have been blaming.

You try playing it like the gringos? Fiddle rather than violin?

I have never tried either, but I get a feeling they must be two vastly different experiences.

I do some justice to that scheme here.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6GLbik37ls[/youtube]

Once every two years or so I run into an actual piano.

Even though 90% of violin music I absolutely hate, violin players have always been one of the musicians I respect most. It is glaringly obvious how much discipline must be involved.

I forgot how good that piano piece was.

Piano is a good son.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wah-aIlb61Q[/youtube]

GANGA THIEVES!

Yes, and the arrogance of violin players exceeds the next in rank (probably the guitar genius) by an order of magnitude, there is nothing else so clearly tortuously difficult to get right, and an accomplished violin player especially a woman always feels provocative in a sexual sense in the sense of a taboo being broken. Perfection on violin shows how dangerously crazy people are.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg8Fa_EUQqY[/youtube]

It worked pretty well because I have an near infinite reverence for the piano and gratitude for being able to touch it. I never owned one, except for a while we had one in the basement where the wood had grown crooked and which was irreparably out of tune, terrible. But it added to my gratitude when encountering a clean one.

HAhahaha she was definitely cursing there. Liek a pilot at the winds.

Sunday mornings the wife sleeps in and I get to tinker. I don’t play it like it’s an Uke. I play like it’s a tiny guitar with two broke strings.

Yes nice imagen

(genetic imagery)

Only a few good real storm at sea movies in out there, like White Squall.

I know what I’m watching tonight.

But thar also be: The Perfect Storm, Ghost Ship, All Is Lost, Dead Calm, There’s a coup,e I can’t remember them all right now. Naught of me to include Ghost Ship, I know.