Philosophy Forums

How many english-speaking philosophy forums are there online that you know about?

How would you organize them from most formal/serious to the least?

I saw a thread about all of them somewhere, ranking them and this one was the top option for general philosophy

Most of them are ok, some are full of pretentious twats who are for the most part the moderators. This forum is ok, you can expect nothing more than that. :slight_smile:

It seems their are five large ones: 1. forums.philosophyforums, 2. philosophychatforums, 3. onlinephilosophyclub, 4. philosophynow 5. ilp

My personal favorites, from most to least: 5, 1, 2, 3, 4 (I haven’t visited 3 and 4 very often.)

If I had to rank them in order of formality, with my limited knowledge, then from most to least: 3, 2, 1, 5, 4, but they can all be formal at times and fun at others.

I’ve always wondered about philosophy forums in other languages, but never tried to look for them, being that there are so many websites in a search that look like philosophy forums, but are really just resource sites. I know a little French, does anyone know where I can find a good French forum?

Thanks stuart.

I know we have some German speakers here; but I don’t know about French.