Philosophy ILP style

](*,)

Science is a bitch.
For thousands of years, except for nay sayers like Aristarchus and Copurnicus (who may well have read Aristacrchus in Padua), everyone solipsistically thought that the earth was the centre of the universe and that the sun and planets circled the earth.
Then there was irrefutable evidence that this was not the case.
People had to just accept that as true, just like people accept that the earth is not flat or hollow or there are fairies at the bottom of the garden.
Sometimes science seems to fly against common sense. Bad luck if you can’t deal with it.
But when the emprical evidence matches the theory it’s only idiots who try to peddle their own BS against the facts.
Time Dilation is a fact and there is nothing you can do about it except just accept it as a fact.
It’s not even complicated; it is proven, just like apples fall off of trees, when you go very fast time slows down.
Get over it!
And stop making a damn fool of yourself.

scientificamerican.com/arti … -verified/

But this is not new. It was proven as long ago as 1971 by flying planes in opposite directions.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hafele–Keating_experiment

Talking to yourself again?

Which one of the three Stooges was it?

Thanks for the nod to good old Aristarchus! =D>

Hmm, I talk to other people here, not to myself. Though God knows doing so is generally a giant waste of time.

Slow is 10 feet per second
Fast is 10,000 feet per second
Very fast is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 feet per second

You see the pattern? The faster you go the more distance you travel in 1 second.

You are so far up Einstein’s butt you can’t see the light.

Your “science” is religion. You have FAITH in something some guy said 100 years ago, and you don’t comprehend it.

Jesus is Lord.

He died for YOUR sins.

Repent now, while you can.

Prompting me yet again to bring it back to this:

Now, please, by all means, fuck off yourself! :laughing:

Seriously though, I try to imagine what it must be like actually being you. What on earth happened that prompts you to feel compelled to [at times] viciously attack all those who refuse to toe your line.

Call it, say, the PolishYouth Syndrome. Or, from time to time the pood Syndrome. By way of Satyr? Or Wendy Darling?

Now, sure, if the discussion here were about some political issue, I can well understand outrage at those who are “one of them”. After all, with political issues there are actual consequences that sustain actual pain and suffering for any number of people.

But a discussion of light years and time and distance?!!

Nope, that indicates to me that I’ve become a “personal problem” for you. And you’ll either go there or you won’t.

Jesus might love you, but I don’t!

So he prepaid for everyone’s sins? Oh goody goody, now the people can sin all they want, and the sins are already paid for! Yea!!!

I can’t wait for Santa to bring me my gifts, since my sins are already paid for and forgiven!!

Okay but you skipped this part:

Anyone who calls themselves lord, isn’t a lord.

Can you understand that?

Click.

I’ll take it up with godot and get back to you. :laughing:

[size=50][like shooting fish in a barrel indeed!][/size]

But you haven’t even attempted to note all the fallacies and mistakes in logic I made in my reaction to your accusations above.

Well, to the best of my knowledge.

So, any possible fallacies and mistakes in logic here?

Or doesn’t blind faith count. :wink:

I suspect Phylio is being sarcastic, but at this board, who knows? :-k

How can we know? The gap is no less applicable.

I know.

Fulminating fanatic assertions.

[size=50]The fish is dead. Long live the kingfisher.[/size]

Then there’s the gap between what he thinks is a clever post and all that we would need to know about a clever post going back to all that we would need to know about existence itself.

Oh, and there’s still this:

Don’t force me to use the “C” word here. :laughing:

Iambiguous wrote:

“Strictly out of curiosity, if you debated yourself who would win? :-k

My reply:

That’s a tough one. I can destroy ILPers in debate, but because I have a conscience, I consider how to defend them in trial from being sent to Severe hell realms.

Consider me the defense and prosecution.

My defense is not that I’m wrong, I’m not. My defense is that you don’t understand. I’m literally pleading insanity for all of you.

You are so far up your own butt you can’t see the simple truth for all the shit up there.
Get a fucking life.

:laughing:

So what do you call it when it doesn’t go to the ceiling?