Philosophy ILP style

Rational people don’t have that problem - ever consider converting? :-k
:-"

What you mean to ask “moulded body parts”??
I do some figurative sculpture and some abstract. For example I am currently working on a garden robot whose eyes will light up at night. The sculpture will be designed as a rust coloured decaying broken robot with a little life left given from a small solar panel. I am also working on an 8in rough form of a boy to represent my recently deceased brother. When I cast him in resin I shall include some of his ashes into the form.
My last commission was for a large copy of “The Object” which appeared on Led Zepellin’s Presence, except that this version insread of being 6inches high was made to 1 metre in height.

If you care to examine your post you should be able to see your false assumption of “creation”, in eacn and every question.

Is that what rationality is… not thinking, but believing… in one option out of many? and converting to what, exactly… to another’s beliefs on such matters, over One’s own?

A good question here is… what is obsrvr currently up to… :-k

What rationality IS - is clearly seeing when there is only one option left after careful scrutiny - then accepting the only possibility left. Endlessly wondering and worrying and scratching the wound - that is what rationality is NOT. :wink:

“Up to”? :-k

Thank you for the insight and clarity, on what equates as rationality… I shall bear this in mind, when faced with future decisions that need to be made.

Yes… :-k

Lol

MIJOT - wife, work, wealth, and health – as always :smiley:

• while watching governments topple - evil rise - lured by the prize - human demise - no surprise.

I guess figurative sculpture is close enough, to what I had imagined you sculpt…

I am very sorry to hear about the recent loss of your brother… his memorial sounds very thoughtfully-personally-fitting.

I like the sound of the old rusting robot… reminds me of those old rusting Orient Express trains that end up abandoned in an Orient Express junkyard, once their utility has come to an end.

You posted your ‘The Object’ sculpture, in the Architecture/Arts thread… I wondered what it was… apart from being ‘a sculpture’.

My propositional Q&A has been commented on, but not addressed. I think my last few lines of inquiry, were very creative indeed. : D

And that is why I sdo not always ellucidate upon my answers, since more lengthy responses are far less likley to be answered or even read.
That is the ILP way.

If you were able to answer a question, you wouldn’t be debating philosophy.

Reason doesn’t help you decide if you are right. But you can convince yourself you are right.

The only valid philosophies are those which agree with science.

It was science that showed that human behavior was a function of chemistry and neurotransmitters, as well as genes.

It is impossible to formulate a question that is impossible to answer.

Carl Sagan once said, and I quote, “Science is the process we’ve designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on.”

[/quote]
As for the first four questions, I have no idea. They all seem too metaphysical to be anything but speculation and/or nonsense. If anyone wants to do some research into them (with regard to their validity, at least), I would be very interested to see what comes of it. Personally, it seems to me that grasping the self-creation, self-perpetuation and self-movement of consciousness itself (the inner universe) naturally intuits something about the primality of movement,- the self-moved mover,- which is responsible for forming the external universe; something called Satori in Buddhism.

Thanks for the feedback, I won’t bear it in mind… you simply do not have the capacity to understand not only the intentions, but the intellectual nuances, of those questions i.e. an imagination.

Thank you for attempting to answer my inquiries… they may well forever be unanswerable questions, like most in that vein are.

We can’t really talk about imagination in these terms without discussing what exactly we are talking about. This is just a starting point, for the purposes of defining what it might mean.

If the imagination is to be interpreted as a construct or a logical structure that produces, informs, or organizes some kind of an internal response in which one freely makes or does not make a choice that leads to the actualization of that response, then I have something like an imagination. Dreaming might be a way of accessing information that otherwise is in the form of a sub-consciously projected internal response that we need to consciously and deliberately activate; similarly, the imagination then acts like a compelling force that leads to an outcome, a choice of an event; it produces visions of the possible and impossible, and we freely choose to act or not act on them. This would mean that one can imagine anything i.e. even the impossible, however- while the imagination may not be limited in its reach, we are all limited in one degree or another as to the extent to which our choices can in this manner actualize the internal responses conjured by the imagination. (Example: I can imagine that I am rich, but I still have to pay the rent and feed myself.) Perhaps I am more limited than you are as a human in this regard, but that does not mean I lack the capacity for imagination- only the capacity to actualize the imagination. The power of imagination to alter the world, make that which has not occurred, happen is very real.

In short, what I want to argue is that the imagination that I have experienced in my life is that of the future, where events and possibilities that have yet to be actualized exist already, and that this allows me to be able to live in the present and in a temporal frame. The past is an event that happened to me; the future is an event that is imagined for me.

Personally, I think consciousness is an emergent, natural phenomenon that has no origin other than self-movement. I think that consciousness (at least my consciousness) “comes into existence” each time it “moves” and that it “dissolves” each time it moves, constantly in a back and forth between Being and Nothingness. The Buddhists call this back and forth birth and death, and the Hindus call it Jiva, the immortal soul. Both speak of the eternal recurrence of this back and forth movement. So there is an inextinguishable flame of consciousness that burns from one moment to the next and disappears in another moment, Is there some time at which consciousness begins? I do not think so. The present moment of my consciousness does not come into being as some sort of event in time, a moment of something else. There is just consciousness in its entirety.

So I don’t believe that there is anything that is consciousness apart from all the events that the movement of consciousness brings into being. Consciousness is not a physical object in the universe. It is not a static object in the universe; it is an ever moving object. So I think of consciousness as not being something that we encounter in our world as if it were a thing, but as a process, as a force that is continually creating new events, new things, new realities.

This is one of the things I believe is deeply wrong in the religions, the duality of an infinite God separated from a finite, limited being, and the creation of heaven, of hell, of the hereafter. There is no place for heaven or hell in my spiritual world view, there is only consciousness as an ever moving force of creation, and I do not see this force as having a goal or an aim. It is a creative, open-ended, and ever growing force that gives life to all things. At this level of being there is no death. There is just the ever moving, ever changing, ever creating consciousness of life. So I have to put the things that I call God into a different category. If I am to give it that name, I shall call it the Divine Ground of All Being. And consciousness as the source of all things is the name of this ground. So you will understand now why I am not so much interested in the name of God, as I am in the reality of consciousness as the source of all things.

Now, the next step I want you to consider is that this consciousness, or this source, is always active. It is always doing something. If it is not doing something, then it is not consciousness.

This forum is about philosophy?
Wait…isn’t philosophy over?
Hasn’t it been finalized?
I heard some idiot say so.

What is being discussed when all is decided…determined…at an end.
No Last Man here.
Will to Power…but it’s not my, nor your will, or power.
It is…go back to Abraham, is its/his/her will and power. Only he/her/it is renamed “state” or “humanity”, or universe".

May he/she/it bless us all.

Are you a new crazy, a returning crazy, or have you been on the Forum for some time?

I’m a mirroring of crazy on this forum.
I’ve been here since the dawn of time. I visit once a year, on new years eve.

And you are?
The gatekeeper?
The doorman?
The bouncer?

But you used “crazy” in a way I have…so you know who I am.
This is a den of dimwits and clan of crazies.

This is a den of dimwits and clan of crazies. Environs of stupidity, a haven of idiots and a breeding ground of batshitcrazy. Welcome to the party!

This is a den of dimwits and clan of crazies. Environs of stupidity, a haven of idiots and a breeding ground of batshitcrazy. Welcome to the party!

Thank you, pretentious bot…
I want to fit in, so I’ll dumb it down, and pretend you aren’t who you are.

I just want to belong…for Christmas.

You forgot demesne of dolts; location of loons; neigbourhood of nutters; venue of morons; and a community of conspirators.