pissing off the lying liberal democRATS

foxnews.com/story/0,2933,266724,00.html

do you want to have a partial birth abortion?

NOT IN AMERICA

now watch the democRAT gun control dictators piss and moan that their gun control laws (in the spirit of hitler) will be moved off the front page…

happy day!

if you want to have an abortion, do before the 7th month…

-Imp

I wonder which is more restrictive, government control over owning something, or government control over what you do with your own body.

Comment on the sig:

I’d like to point out that not allowing every person on a college campus to carry a gun probably saves lives and a hell of a lot of injuries, say, when two kids get pissed off and decide “Well I don’t wanna go to jail for murder, so I’ll just shoot him in the kneecap.”

And a lot of students are armed whether or not it’s okay to have a gun. I personally carry two knives, if nothing in addition. I like to think I’m smart enough to not use them unless lives are actually threatened. In high school, even, I commonly saw knives, brass knuckles, chains, or spikes, and I went to school in a nice town.

Third point: The real weapon is the mind, not the gun. I don’t know about anyone else but if someone came into my dorm or classroom shooting a gun I would attack them and kill them, if it came to that, without remorse (or die trying.) Perhaps we should simply educate our kids on the proper way to handle a situation like that (the proper way NOT being to hide under the desk and hope the shooter doesn’t see you.)

I carry a .357 magnum concealed (with permit) to campus everyday. Also, I’m a member of the NRA and once had to convince a girl to get an abortion.

oh… you mean liberal democRAT “conflict resolution” bullshit doesn’t work?!?

as for the rest, good luck bringing a knife to a gunfight…

-Imp

youtube.com/watch?v=7S1bDVidSXY

I’m pissed. You got me fired up. Damn you. You’re going to ruin us.

Norma Jean?

Conflict resolution does work, but only if both sides will accept compromise. It sounds so simple but I’d venture that only 1 person in a hundred is actually committed to that goal. There are situations, though they are few, where I do not think compromise is possible or wanted. If a family (or say, a classroom full of kids) does not want to be killed but a murderer wishes to kill them, killing half is not acceptable to anyone.

On to the actual story you posted:
I am against partial-birth abortion. Even as a liberal. And what does that even have to do with gun control?

If they force you to have the kid, then take away your guns, at that point you can’t even shoot the kid. I think that’s how they’re related. I could be confused.

you brought up gun control, not me

-Imp

I’m not even gonna argue with you on this, you obviously do not understand my position and you’re not going to. Everything is black and white with you, this or that, liberal or conservative, right or wrong. I can’t convince you there’s a third option that I am a part of so I will not try.

And you brought up gun control in your opening post.

so I did, but only in so far as the left wing anti gun totalitarians will have their thunder stolen by the left wing pro abortionists…

-Imp

Then why the hyper-violence in America?

I fully believe the American people should retain the right to bear arms.

I think that VT, Columbine, 9/11 – they’re all an effort to get them out of you/our hands.

An armed populace is the last defense against tyranny.

Name me one country in the modern era (let’s say, post WWII) where a revolution has successfully managed to improve the lot of its citizens or overthrow tyranny (without automatically replacing it with another).

Venezuela?

Touche.

Though it is worth noting that there were a fair amount of military officers in on that. Indeed, it was a military backed general strike that lead to Jiménez’s ouster.

So, I remain unconvinced that an armed civilian population is vital. The civilians fought with their labour (or lack thereof), while the military fought with weapons.

"First, according to statistics provided by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services, there is an interesting correlation between accidental deaths caused by guns and by doctors.

Doctors: (A) There are 700,000 physicians in the U.S. (B) Accidental deaths caused by physicians total 120,000 per year. (C) Accidental death percentage per physician is 0.171.

Guns: (A) There are 80 million gun owners in the U.S. (B) There are 1,500 accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups. (C) The percentage of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.0000188.

Statistically, then, doctors are 9,000 times more dangerous to the public health than gun owners. Fact: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR. Following the logic of liberals, we should all be warned: “Guns don’t kill people. Doctors do.”"

Nathan Tabor

-Imp

Plagarism is frowned upon in most circles.

That aside, I think your point says more about the broken American Health Care system (a seperate discussion) that it does about gun control.

Now, I don’t think the major argument against gun control is accidental death (though that is a problem) but intentional death, which the US still very much leads the first world in gun related deaths.

So, again, why?

I don’t see how you can’t be aware of the trap you’re falling into here.

This isn’t a liberal idea but one of general relevancy. You know my views (I think Liberal and Democrat are played against each other) and I agree whole heartedly with you here – doctors and the pharma industry are worse to the public, and likely more to blame for what happened in VT than Heston or whoever.

I agree with you 100% here, can’t you see a way in which you could believe what I am saying to have some validity?