Pop music is not pop music anymore!

Here’s an under-rated Bread song…

youtube.com/watch?v=zTobn7uKSPo

These are the guys who INVENTED soft rock…

David Gates is a music God…

someone else you forgot to mention in your list…

David Gates again… who single-handedly invented soft rock… which is the only reason we have “soft rock” stations…

youtube.com/watch?v=liBf5hjTZNs

This guy is about as big a music legend as anyone.

Just a live performance from David Gates… 1975… this was revolutionary in 1975.

youtube.com/watch?v=a6_efthmkAQ

Another David gates classic from 1972… this song was really hard for him to write lyrically, because he wanted it to have a double meaning… he wanted it to sound like a love song to the general public, when it was actually a tribute to his deceased father…

youtube.com/watch?v=a4dXrV4FtjE

The Bee Gees consider their greatest song to be “How Deep is Your Love”, but I think the song that had the most impact on music history that they wrote was this one…

It had funkadelic, and a bit of that techno that was the precurser to our modern music… this song inspired Micael Jackson’s “Thriller” album…

youtube.com/watch?v=sU7Tpu7HlNs

I already posted it, but i wanted to emphasize it’s impact on music history. It had a droning rap beat… it has an operatic section, that was the precurser to people like meatloaf and queen.

All in all, this one song had more impact on modern music than any other song… even prog rock elements… it still has a poppiness to it in spite of all the innovations.

The song speaks for itself in terms of music innovation… for those who have a decent ear and some kind of knowledge of music history.

Another quality that the premier musicians have is that they sing far from the microphone… which the Bee Gees do habitually… look at Celine Dion practically kissing it and barry with the strongest voice in the harmony standing back about 2 feet.

youtube.com/watch?v=bZolfKgW5Is

Here’s a song barry wrote that all 4 Bee Gees sang in, before Andy died of drugs… Andy has the lead in this song, and in parts he sounds a lot like Barry…

youtube.com/watch?v=NhJn_fMCL7M

Anyways, the Bee Gees were more than the precurser to techno, as this video clearly shows, however, they could be said to be the most responsible for the current sound than any other band, the current sound being hip-hop and techno. I think pop music has to transcend a genre to be pop music.

Mind reading software? Who and what are they thinking?

Yeah besides solving ethics and animal game theory… I have this little side project. No implants either. The variables are very complex. You’d be able to search their memories as well, and read thoughts in clusters as they form. You can read intent as well. I want it to be an app on cell phones.