Pretty please with sugar on top,

Pretty please with sugar on top, stop using the avatars and films that cause my computer to slow down to sluggish and to dead stop. I have dial up and it just makes downloading a page hellishly slow. Not all of us have top of the line equipment or connections, moving avatars and films cause these things to move slowly and bog down.
So please, please, change them out, pretty please with sugar on top.

I don’t want to sound like a ‘I have the right to whatever’ type guy but you can easily block out whatever pictures you want or set up a filter.

If you’re crazy enough to still be using IE stop immediately before it sucks out your soul, download firefox and not only will you browse faster… but you don’t have to load any pics if you don’t want.

I was thinking of changing mine soon anyways though…

OK. I have no clue what you are talking about. Sorry.

Kris,

OG is saying that if you download the firefox browser you can set an option that will keep images you don’t like from displaying. If you right click on an image in firefox you will see an option to block images from the location where the image came from.

I’ll try to translate for you:

“I don’t want to sound like a ‘I have the right to whatever’ type guy but you can easily block out whatever pictures you want or set up a filter.”

Gobbo doesn’t wish to tread on anyone’s toes but there are relatively simple methods of blocking images so that you no longer have such problems with your download times.

“If you’re crazy enough to still be using IE stop immediately before it sucks out your soul, download firefox and not only will you browse faster… but you don’t have to load any pics if you don’t want.”

If you happen to use Microsoft Internet Explorer to browse the internet then Gobbo politely suggests that you download a different browser called firefox from this location
mozilla.com/firefox/

You can download the adblock filter which allows you to rightclick on any given picture (including Gobbo’s recklessly outsized avatar) and block it from downloading as you browse. It will then automatically be eliminated from all future threads, increasing your download speeds to a tolerable rate.

Gobbo has been considering getting a new avatar which may, possibly, take up fewer of the precious kilobytes

LoL

And I suppose yours downloads quickly, why…because it’s in black and white?

Kriswest, before this moving picture avatar fad, did you (or do you) have any problems with my pennant-waving avatar? (I’d hate to change it, I’ve used it so long!)

mrn, calling the kettle black

The problem started when the contest for fancier avatars started the more simpler avatars that had some motion did not cause noticable problems. the more complicated, the slower it goes, and the more that person posts on that page forget it I simply have no patience. I can’t change a setting on this computer, my darlin would have multiple litters of kittens since this is a big part of his livelyhood. I will ask him, he may be obliging enough to do it.

Hmm… there should be a ‘safe mode’ for ILP where it’s like bare bones… no avatars, no symposia tags, no dudes up in the corner

Just the text… and the ads of course :smiley:

Kris, just get your darlin to read this thread and do what we said with firefox. It’s pretty simple and it’ll make your surfing way faster in the future. Not just here but for all sites.

Thanks to your request Kris, I just realised I can block TheAdlerian’s vulgar avatars. Sincerely they were making me want to vomit. Thank you thank you thank you, I could kiss you!

xxx
A

You lot are seriously guilt tripping me about the size of my avatar…

Does anyone know how to block his vulgar posts?

Well since I am no longer continuously nauseated I have the clarity of mind to begin working on a plan. One step at a time. I’ll keep you posted. :wink:

A

I thought that there was an ‘ignore’ option, not that I’d ever use it. I like being able to read the mental excrement in all its glory…

:blush: :slight_smile: You are most welcome, I am always glad and honored to help.
P.S. There is not an ignore feature here at this forum might it be suggested to the folks that do maintenance on this site? If there is an ignore feature here could it not be made to incorporate ignoring just the avatars or pictures ?

Oh… if there’s going to be an ‘ignore post’ feature, can I suggest we have options like these:

ignore right wing idiots: ------ Yes No
ignore blacks: ------ Yes No
ignore poofs: ------ Yes No
ignore women: ------ Yes No
ignore U.S. citizens : ------ Yes No
ignore IQ < 120: ------ Yes No
ignore PoR: ------ Yes No
ignore ugly people: ------ Yes No
ignore short fat people: ------ Yes No
ignore poor people: ------ Yes No
ignore muslims: ------ Yes No
ignore anyone over 33: ------ Yes No

I think you left off a few ignores
ignore men
ignore manly men
ignore left wing ignoramouses and right wing idiots
ignore moderates (they are to busy living their lives to care anyway)
ignore false christians who think they are going to heaven and the rest are going to the really, really bad place.
ignore other then US citizens(our leaders control us and tell us we are the best and smartest,baahh,baaah)
ignore airheads and uh, i forget
ignore anyone that does not have a skin color (cause we just don’t want to get into that theory)
ignore the wealthy(unless they bribe you sufficiently)
ignore those that think they are better (because they are insecure in themselves)
ignore everyone because I am the only one that counts, (you all know the ones who would use this one)
ignore those that refuse to use 100 words or more in order to agree with someone else
ignore any and all non politically or philisophically attached persons (cause they refuse to bow down to supieror intellect and be good sheepys)