Prophecies?

Reading various prophecies, predictions and what not, it seems they’r sometimes eerily spot on.

We can dicuss back and forth endlessly if it’s just pure nonsens or it does have some credibility, but in this thread for the sake of argument let’s say that they indeed have some credibility, leading to the core question, how is it possible?

Einstein said that that there’s nothing faster than light, but at the same time he contradicted himself by saying that Tachyons are faster. Maybe there’s even faster particles or effects like speed contraction that allows a compressed time lapse enabling us to look vaguely into the future.

The Prophecy of the Popes, attributed to Saint Malachy, is a list of 112 short phrases in Latin. They purport to describe each of the Roman Catholic popes (along with a few anti-popes), beginning with Pope Celestine II (elected in 1143) and concluding with the successor of current pope Benedict XVI, a pope described in the prophecy as “Peter the Roman”, whose pontificate will end in the destruction of the city of Rome.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes

In a word; “Patterns”.

The observation and utilization of patterns is essential to all live.
What the more common people (or merely people involved in a different mindset) can’t see, is often very easily seen by those who track the right principles playing out in the world. I discovered the validity of this even within myself. Everyone does it, it is just that some people see the over all picture much more clearly because that is their profession and/or focus. Those very few who actually “know God”, can easily see where things are headed. The only issue is exactly when, which requires far, far more details.

the future is certain and predictable, think how can a set of physical certainties combine to give uncertain results? they cant certainty brings certainty, it is just a complex one.

I don’t know about other public prophecies, but I have enountered psychic phenomena on my own. I could tell you stories about it, but in the end, the experience is too personal to be conveyed.

I don’t control it. I don’t know what to do about it, after or before.

Yes, most of it is recognizing patterns, then sometimes it seems much stranger than that.

Iwould propose that a prophocey can only be a certain percentage accurate less given full accuracy the prophecy itself changes the outcome.

I am trying to connect the Drusus of this post with the Drusus of this posts…

I am not saying the two posts cannot be reconciled - I see the Tachyon’s section of the first post as a gesture in the direction - but it seems like whatever way of reconciling them would be pure speculation, as in this case of the Tachyon’s. I didn’t know, by the way, that Einstein allowed for the existence of Tachyons and contradicted himself. Even if he did, this still seems like speculation.

I do think speculation can be useful, but I am rather amazed to see it suddenly OK in this case/OP.

In any case, just to feed the speculation, and regardless of Einstein’s thoughts, there is some evidence for Tachyons…
scientificamerican.com/artic … -to-travel

The Prophecy of the Popes is almost universally regarded as a late 16th century forgery. All the mottoes up to that point are astonishingly accurate, but all the ones afterwards are so vague and strained as to be worthless. No known copy exists prior to 1595, and no contemporary account of St Malachy mentions that he wrote them either.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_o … skepticism

@Monero

Dealing with facts must involve critical thinking, logic and reason. Else how are we to deal with it?

Fact is that this pope made some reasonable good prophecy, which hasn’t been debunked unlike many of Nostradamus’s predictions.

@Maia
Imo it comes down to debunked or not. Still it’s reasonable accurate with the last popes we have had.

Well, what is it about an individual that would let them somehow manipulate this vague reference to really fast particles?

People want to fulfill prophecies, just as people aren’t themselves when they’re on camera (reality TV). Religious prophecies are instructions.

Esther3:7 is predictive to the book of Daniel, and Saint John the Baptist predicts Christ’s advent. In fact christ is predicted in many places in the Old Testament. There is a vast number of biblical prophecies. In terms of where we are heading, st.James, I’d be curious what your view on this may be. I am a firm believer in the concept of multiple universes, on many levels, and also believe, that fateful events can be changed, not only by God, but man himself. If one believes in the futility of trying to change the past to have a better outcome in the future, I would say the answer need not be very obtuse but rather simple: if the view of a certain future is non-acceptable, then it is now, within man’s ability to change it. It is not the fact that man can not change their projected destinies, but that, they are constrained by feelings of powerlessness. Change, whether it be revolutionary or merely subtle, is within the grasp of today’s generationto bring about. If it had not been for exemplary individuals that not only saw a need for change, but a necessity, how else could have history been turned around so many times, bringing about a more enlightened world? Determinism in prophecy works but with a caveat, that it may be only a warning. We can go back in time and change events for a better outcome, if we see that past time is really today, and the future time is one which we have projected as present, and can travel back from.

James, what is your take on time not as a linear flow, but a many dimensional process, whose progression is non directional?  I have a very strong belief, that this appearant flow is just a concept, and what really is going on is a very complex simultaneity, where the concept "now" is really based on a total immanance of events, and it is grounded in spatial determinants.  These too are reduced, but its a primary ground, as opposed to time, which flow from these spatial determinants.
 In otherwords, patterns can be rearranged into a different matrix, one vastly simpler, easier to figure out, even by children, based on improved projections.

Reading various more prophecies, that far outnumber possibly accurate ones, predictions and what not, it seems that if enough prophecies are spewed, there’s bound to be some right ones. I like the idea of prophecies. I wish they’d be true, the alluring ability to prophesize and wish it was true is sometimes enough to make people believe they are true. It makes things, more interesting. . more exciting. Unfortunately, that doesn’t mean its reality. Yup, reality is a lot more boring than what we can believe in… what we can believe in surpasses reality by so much, that it can be a great escape, a fun escape. But is it going to hurt you? Only if you believe in a prophecy that isn’t true. Such as the thousands of end of the world philosophies.