Pussy Riot: An Inside Job?

Is Pussy Riot an inside job?

• Yes - Putin’s behind it
  • Yes - The KGB are behind it
  • Yes - Hitlery Clinton and the State Dept are behind it
  • No - They are just a bunch of show off punks who got nailed for doing something stupid
  • Where is this Pussy Riot of which you speak?
0 voters

This is the question that has been bouncing around my head in the last week or so. Several members of all female GlamPunk-Feminist band Pussy Riot have just been convicted for religiously aggravated vandalism for an impromptu performance of an anti-Putin song at a church. The case has garnered a lot of attention, and tens of thousands of dollars have been raised by supporters of the Free Pussy Riot website.

Now, Vlad Putin may well be an election-stealing dictator but in truth there isn’t another political faction or individual who can rival him in today’s Russia, so he is in power by default. Any opposition and protest is, however justified, a bit pointless. Nonetheless, I can see this whole controversy and the unbeatably good band name being the invention of someone with a geopolitical motive in mind. It could be Putin, Machiavelli-like, fostering a bit of hatred precisely so he can crack down on it and look like the big dick. Or it could be the KGB just playing games because, Syria aside, they don’t have enough to do these days. Or it could be the Yanks, trying to make Putin look too tough.

Really, I don’t know. So I’m asking you your opinion. Don’t let me down.

Just a guess, though. This is the first I heard of this.

Where’s the option where they aren’t stupid, they weren’t put up, and they got arrested on bullshit charges?

Censored.

I’m pretty sure that this was an isolated, random incident, and that the government had nothing to do with it.

How did you come to that conclusion?