Reformation

I have heard their health system is bad but I wouldn’t know (as I am fortunate enough to not live in the US) and I generally don’t consider Americans as being that important.

Mea culpa for the duplicate. And yes, the list can be made longer.

U.S. is called by “A Christian nation” by those who see Others as competition for basic necessities.
The necessities are food, clothing, shelter, healthcare, clean air and water, etc. These should be natural rights.

Usually healthcare is expected to be free. But do you also expect food, clothing and shelter to be free?

Yes, to those who cannot afford them. I live in a community where one can get a hot meal for free any day of the week and bagged groceries a couple of times a month. That’s doing it right!

When people get stuff for free, those who don’t get it for free and have to work become resentful. That’s especially true if they feel that the policy was forced on them by a government and if the number of people getting free stuff is large.

So you believe everyone can make it in today’s society? In our community it is not the government that addresses hunger, it is the churches. Being resentful comes from the lie that there is just not enough to go around–the lie of dearth in communities of wealth.

The number of people who “can’t make it” is small. There are times when people who “can make it” need extra help but that’s a temporary condition.

And a person has a free choice as to whether he will donate to his/a church or not. That choice disappears when the government becomes involved.

Resentfulness comes from working for your slice of bread and seeing large numbers of people getting free bread which is paid for by taxes on your labor. That’s a double hit - having to work and being taxed because you do work.

There are over 40 thousand homeless veterans in the U.S. That’s a disgrace. Only a selfish person would see giving as somehow taking what one does not deserve to have. As John Wesley noted–“If I have more money in my purse than meets my needs, consider me a thief.” That a majority of welfare recipients is simply on the take is a lie.

Giving is the choice of the one who has the thing which is given. Taking is the choice of the one who does not have the thing.

A society based on ‘taking’ is a society of masters and slaves. A society based on ‘giving’ is a society of free men and free women.

He is free to do with it whatever he wants. :smiley:

No matter at what stage it is taken, it will still be taken and so free men and women will give before it is taken.

Where do you come from? Or/and: Where do you live?

I live in the central Australian desert, in an Aboriginal community, with a population of 200 people but I originally come from Eastern Europe.

What’s healthcare like in Australia?

It’s affordable, awesome and private cover is optional (gets you quicker service for elective surgery).

Does the healthcare system need a reform(ation)?

It doesn’t in Australia (and other parts of the world) but for some reason some politicians admire the shit that comes out of the US.

Yes. I know.

Are you in a hurry? Do you need the latest experimental treatment?
Then you need to have money to pay for it and you have to go to the US or Mexico or Cuba, because your state run health insurance won’t pay for it.

Does private cover in the US pay for experimental treatment and also fly you overseas to get it.