relationships

I am having trouble with my marriage…I really have just fought most of the time with my wife…there must be a better way…

turtle… is a new wife an option?

…just curious…

The marriage can be saved if you two call a truce on expectations. She may not be able to live up to yours; you may be unable to live up to hers. Communication is the key here. Keep it going. The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.

thanks ier and riv—I am in it for the long haul…I don’t know about her…

Why do you reject cutting your loses and moving on?

phyllo I don’t reject that permanently…it may come to that…I am very fearful that this marriage will end if we deal with the real problems…she may leave me…but eventually I may leave her…

I don’t get it. You stay together because you don’t deal with the real problems.

So you want to stay together and continue to fight. This is the preferred state. If you attempted to solve your problems then you would not want to stay together?

phyllo-----I want to work on a better r…she may not want to…

Isn’t it better to find out one way or the other?

Are there some kids involved which complicate things?

I will find out in time…time will tell…and yes there are kids…
but I need to work on this relationship…it is not healthy

If you love her and she knows it, its worth pursuing.

^ Not really. Love doesn’t necessarily mean you should stay in a situation that’s making you unhappy.

It could be the case that going your separate ways is what’s best for you both. Don’t be fooled into a life of unhappiness, thinking that love means you must stay.