Researchers Discover 'Anxiety Cells' In The Brain

It is more positive to think of anxiety cells as causing incentive to procreate and to survive. This would account for their presence in mice and men. They may be the goads toward creative excellence, not only the alarms of something currently wrong with the system. Existential angst is a human interpretation of drives for homeostasis and creative endeavors.

Prismatic has left the building. However, I’d like to make one last point. I asked him if rats dream. He objected to the question as simply rhetorical. If REMs indicate dream states, rats do dream. The problem would be insisting on knowing what rats dream about. The function of dreaming as a state does not reveal what the dreams are about. Neither does the function of anxiety cells in the amygdala indicate what the anxiety is about. Oh well . I do hope Prism is ok.

I don’t think we need to worry. He has been saying, implicitly or openly, that his discussion partners here are irrational. If he has any sense at all, working from that conclusion, he should become tired of it and move on.

The issue would be when there is too much anxiety - and determining when that is the case - then determining causes (external/internal) then trying to figure out the best approach to reducing anxiety, which might include a whole range of approaches - nutritional, legal, sociological, psychological, social, medical, activity changes, meme changes, interventions at the family and subucultural level, economic changes and god knows what else.

Just came in today and read a few posts.
Was away reading and researching on Heidegger’s Being and Time on a full time basis.
Had just finished one preliminary round of Being and Time and need to read it a few more times together with other secondary sources.
I will be back after I have a good grasp of the Book and its philosophical views and principles.

Btw, I don’t recall you ask about rats dreaming and I don’t think this is relevant.

Re anxiety cells, just as with the current practice [crude], volunteers or sufferers are exposed to various scenarios to find out which case trigger which cells and images are captured in in FMRI imagings. So this is not a problem with anxieties and anxiety cells especially when the knowledge and techniques are more sophisticated in the future.
Above are just my points, I do not intend to engage on them at present.

Btw, my focus is always on this;

the whole loads and range of religious-based evils and violence in the World,
and how to resolve the above issues in whatever ways that is optimal to my current situation.

My reading of Being and Time will also contribute to the above.

Welcome back. Enjoy Heidegger.
I don’t think, however, that he can contribute much to your version of neurophilosophy, with its emphasis on the evils of religions.

Thanks.

I have linked the following loads of evil, i.e.

to religion [Islam] as the root cause,
religion is grounded on angst, i.e. anxiety.

One of the most critical element within Heidegger’s Being and Time is ‘anxiety’ i.e. Angst.

Glad to see you back, Prism.