Satyr's Moral Theory

I’ve done it, I’ve figured out Satyr’s moral theory. I believe it is a combination of social darwinism and virtue ethics. A behaviour doesn’t necessarily have to maximize the survivability of the actor in particular, nor of society in general, but it has to arise out of the will to live and remain free and independent, in order to be deemed moral. Satyr is not a utilitarian (not of the altruistic, survivalist variety, nor of the egoistic, hedonist variety), he’s fundamentally a virtue ethicist, but he despises the traditional virtues (faith, hope, love, humility, etc). He’s a radical, as opposed to a conservative virtue ethicist. So how does he decide which behaviours or intentions are to be deemed virtuous and which are to be deemed vicious? By whether they have their biological, evolutionary origin in the struggle for survival, the will to live and remain free and independent (virtuous), or not (vicious). Well, that about does it, I’m waiting for him to mercilessly correct me. No Satyr, please don’t correct me, please don’t attempt to expose my ignorance and stupidity, I beg of you!

Satyr’s style is to belittle others, thus inflating his ego - whatever floats one’s boat I say… :confusion-shrug:

Yeah, true, but underneath that, I think, is a genuine moral theory at work. An interesting 1 too, no doubt.