• Hotbot
  • Ask Jeeves
  • MSN
  • AOL
  • altavista
  • mirago
  • Other
0 voters

I’m trying to figure out which Search Engine and/or Directories I should concentrate on to promote XXI Entertainment. I looked around and XXI Entertainment, Smoothini, one in a while a John B. Smooth and a The Mental Revolution comes up. Mostly from the stuff I’ve written here. Either way I really want to corner the market in the search results for John B. Smooth and Magic & Mentalism. Which will be hard and expensive.

Google is king!
You can’t go wrong with google, with 4.285 Billion web pages!!

I also use yahoo once in a while. I really think Yahoo is going to make hotmail go under sooner or later. Not only is it a great search engine they have amazing email. 100 MB space! as opposed to hotmail’s…what, what was that?..2 MB — YEAH, I’ll go with yahoo thank you very much.

What’s your take?

In case anyone here didn’t know:

The name, “Google”, was inspired by the mathematical-term, “Golgol” which means something like “the number one, with 10 zeros behind it (like this: 10,000,000,000)”.

Hence, “Google” is supposed to represent the uncountable sum of information on the net that can be found using a search engine.

BTW:
I also have a GMAIL account. Comes standard with a cool 1 gig of storage space, but the aestetics are rather spartan. :wink:

Who’s wahooni did you have to gnovi to get that?

Let’s play a game.

Go to your faviorite search engine and search your username. And post the top three results. I use Google, and I know that Smooth isn’t going to come up with anything remotely near me. And neither would John B. Smooth. But Smoothini does!

1. The Mental Revolution → Polemarchus
    It is a post at TMR about Polemarchus being voted FMBM

2. Forest & Environment Forum (FEF) - What Search Engine Do You Use?
    A post that I made on a proboard about how Smoothini brings up that site. LOL.

3. I Love Philosophy::View Topic (Posting Reply)
    A post that I made here when I first learned how to add images to posts. Made about a year and a half ago! Awesome huh?

Now what about you?

Let’s play a game.

Go to your faviorite search engine and search your username. And post the top three results. I use Google, and I know that Smooth isn’t going to come up with anything remotely near me. And neither would John B. Smooth. But Smoothini does!

1. The Mental Revolution → Polemarchus
    It is a post at TMR about Polemarchus being voted FMBM

2. Forest & Environment Forum (FEF) - What Search Engine Do You Use?
    A post that I made on a proboard about how Smoothini brings up that site. LOL.

3. I Love Philosophy::View Topic (Posting Reply)
    A post that I made here when I first learned how to add images to posts. Made about a year and a half ago! Awesome huh?

Now what about you?