Simulations, Illusions, Delusions, Fabrications and Fictions

Just because a person says somthing is real doesn’t make it so. A person does not dictate reality in having the final say on any given issue.

How does philosophy and science resolve these issues? Do they resolve these issues?

Or are we only just fooling ourselves?

For the most part, people are fooling themselves with ‘truths’ and what is ‘real’.

It is the job of philosophy to search for the best concepts to describe these truths, but philosophy fails to provide absolute answers. However, the benefit of philosophy comes from its processes, not from its results.

More and more I am coming to the same conclusions.

I think there is more to it then that. For instance we assume there is somthing “better” to begin with.

For all we know, there is no “better” existence of things where what we see presently is all that existence has to offer.

(Nothing more.)

What do you mean?

Agreed! Perhaps philosophy is just capitalizing on a human mental compulsion of organization!? :smiley:

I mean that both the positive and negative results of philosophy have come to me personally by actively searching for supposed ‘truths and explanations’. Although I come up short with answering many philosophical questions, I feel benefited by the pursuit of those answers. Maybe this is a subtle process of evolution? I don’t know, it’s just a conjecture.

My cynicism seems to tell me that philosophy capitalizes on our collective insanities and hysterias.

( Doesn’t make for a quaint optimistic perception on things. :slight_smile: )

So the function of philosophy serves self knowledge, where everything else falls to the way side as self delusion?

Pretty much I think.

Then, it expands upon human social relations.

Makes sense.

“Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, Or who said it, Even if I have said it, Unless it agrees with your own reason And your own common sense.” -Buddha

Thats an interesting way of putting it.