sloth

you may have gone through the period when you were lazy at its most extreme. totally unmotivated. even though you know the sound and convincing reasons for NOT BEING LAZY, you were.

How do you overcome laziness? what works for you?

Taking baby steps can help. If you do something simple first, then it can be easier to develop that into momentum for doing more and more complex things.

It can take sheer force of will to overcome the inertia that builds up when you just get into the habit of doing nothing. You can decided on doing something that either you intensely need to do (piles of dirty laundry or dirty dishes) or something that you intensely want to do. That can help get you going.

Also you might try merely getting out of your current physical environment. Simply take a walk to get out of your place or go to the mall or something. That can be the very first step.

That is what I would recommend. :smiley:

i’d second the baby steps… break down what you need to accomplish into small chunks of things…rather than a list 20 items long which seems unable to be overcome. Do that one little thing first, don’t worry about the rest until that is done… usually little household things like taking the trash out, throwing away old papers, or jsut generally tidying up help me get moving a little more. They are generally easy to accomplish, pretty mindless, and you can even put some music on while you do them. Just accomplishing little tasks like that can help propel you forward.

lenore, believe it or not, some days are just meant to be lazy, just like some days are meant to be real energetic and fun. I could say something similar to the two above but the truth is that, no matter who you listen to or what ideas you get from others, those lethargic days will still come and go. We never learn, we’re not supposed to because if we learnt to do away with occasional laziness, occasional opposite of that will disappear too.

Its all about believing that you can do anything you want. If you truly believe this, then you will do whatever you want. Its about changing your mindset. Tell yourself to get out of the chair, its unproductive, and you move nowhere. Imagine where you will be if you continue with your laziness.

Bingo. Whatever your mindset is, you will follow it. Once you change that, you will begin to change yourself.

This is basically mind over matter, and ya, its true. It worked for me :smiley:

thank you all, I like esp.those small steps(with me they’d have to be really miniature) and the change. as for the mindset, I’m even lazy to realise what my mindset is. thanx anyway

thank you all, I like esp.those small steps(with me they’d have to be really miniature) and the change. as for the mindset, I’m even lazy to realise what my mindset is. thanx anyway

Heck yes! Those were the most horrible moments. After awhile, you feel nauseous because you know damn well what’s going on but can’t fight being it.