Snow!

I’ve just checked and there are some in Scotland and one in Llandudno, North Wales, not far from where I often go camping.

Sounds like a meeting in the making, send us photos magsj and Maia xD

I’m not much good at photos, I’m afraid.

There’s one in Wales? much closer than Scotland… I’ll have to check it out.

I hadn’t heard of it either, even though I know the area quite well.

You are a man obsessed… with base layers… like me with getting a chance to wear my salopettes. :smiley:

I could feel the cold through my joggers, when I went out earlier…
so I’ll be getting to wear one of my snow pants very soon, when
I’m going further up the road and not just to the shop next door.

I bet magsj would lead you through the mountains, in exchange for some Earth magic?

And I bet he would. In exchange for…? :scared-shocked:

Seriously, though, Maia, be careful here. And you don’t have to be a hardcore feminist to explain that.

:laughing:

I love a good love story… Tristan und Iseult, Snoopy and Fifi, Megan and Harry lol, Rapunzel and Prince Flynn, Private Johnny Rico and Captain Carmen Ibanez. :slight_smile:

:laughing:

Well, as Maia once explained it to me in an email, a “love story” was not at all how she reacted to him then. Now, I have my own guesses here as to what might be unfolding between them, but, when push comes to shove, it’s really none of my business. Things like this just fascinate me because I am fascinated as to why people do the things they do…rather than other things.

And then [of course] the part where folks like philosophers weigh in on what rational – “wise” – people ought to do.

Oh, and by the way, snow is one of my favorite things!!

You know, when I don’t have to drive in it. :sunglasses:

Having grown up in the Mid-west,
I could go without ever seeing snow again.
Hate that, and cold too… which is
why I live in California now.

Kropotkin

peter what part of california?

More snow this morning, just a thin layer, very powdery. There’s no wind to speak of, and the sun is already out, so the snow is not likely to last much longer. Current temperature minus 2C.

just get these and then you can wear your regular clothes

patagonia.com/shop/womens-t … baselayers

An insight into Iam… whaaat!?

Roads gritted when snow has fell, keeps traffic… and life itself, moving. How dependent we are on such commercial lifelines that sustain us.

It was -1C in London earlier, but has yet to snow… apparently, it will be upon us soon. The gritters await, on standby.

Well, there are insights into people and snow; and then there are insights into people and stalking.

Either way, go figure.

Existentially as it were. If there you dare to go.

here’s some colorado snow from october

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSreym-Aw_s[/youtube]

As long as Maia is comfortable with current proceedings, I see no need to worry on her behalf… you might feel differently about the matter though, well… you obviously do.

I have my own thoughts on the matter…

There are those who will stalk you sexually and those who will stalk you philosophically. Now, which is more potentially dangerous to your peace of mind?

Again, I’ve had a number of exchanges with Maia going back months now and, sure, I have to come to feel a regard for her that from my frame of mind warrants a measure of concern about her. Only now at least I understand better why the “current proceedings” appeal to her. Urwrong can hold his own in regard to subjects that she is very much interested in pursuing. Subjects that she is considerably knowledgeable about. On the other hand, he completely avoids the part where his own views on God and religion are nothing at all like hers. Whereas I don’t hesitate to probe the gaps between us.

And, just out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on the matter of stalking. If that’s a place you are willing to go.

Well, it’s all completely different today. No snow at all, but it’s been raining in the night and the grass is still wet. It’s about 10C, and the air is damp. The sudden change in temperature, and pressure, took place last night. It was still below freezing when I was at work, but between around 11.15 and 11.45 PM, as I was walking home, the temperature gradually rose, and it was very noticeably less cold by the time I got back.