Snow!

It’s a shame.

Not to worry. It’s an “inside joke” between us.

Trust me: they understand. :wink:

So do I. It’s not very edifying.

Okay, let’s take that to the philosophy forum and explore it more…substantively?

Eh?

If you want to ask me something, in particular, something that I might be interested in discussing, then you are welcome to.

Okay, but this is “non-philosophical chat”. The board that comes closest here to “social media” chit-chat. Part of the new ILP as it were.

I’m more interested in exploring “edification” in regard to what you construe the “inside joke” to be in regard to my reactions to Urwrong and Lyssa Maybe [Satyr] insofar as they respond to you as they do.

Though I flat out admit that, philosophically or otherwise, it is just speculation on my part given my own experiences with male/female exchanges in venues like this.

Anyway, here in Baltimore “climate change” has all but eliminated the chance of snow these days. In fact, on Christmas Day it will be a balmy 61 degrees for the high. That’s fahrenheit on this side of the pond. 16 celsius where you are.

Please feel free to start another thread elsewhere if you want to ask something more serious.

As for the “inside joke” I think you are trying to imply that those two individuals are somehow competing with each other to win my affection and/or romantic interest, to embarrass them into not talking to me. Not that I’m suggesting you’ve succeeded, but I think that’s what you’re doing.

16C is definitely uncomfortably high for this time of year.

_
Being slightly warmer than average, means less money spent on gas and electric.

…so saving money and the environment…

There is still the possibility of snow, here… if but only fleeting.

My thoughts exactly.

He’s a gossip-girl.

But somebody did feed him the drama to initiate all this. I’ve been around these philosophy forums for a long time now. When people don’t have much philosophy to offer, discuss, debate, or say, then they generally latch onto drama instead, or create it wherever possible. And I admit, sometimes it’s quite necessary to get a little “personal” to provoke better arguments, or for people to show you who they really are, and what they’re really about. The title of this forum includes “provoking thought”. The better and best philosophical exchanges, almost require such, provocations.

People want to talk with you, but you have to put yourself on the line, out in the open. Dialogue is always a risk of exposure.

Being open can be a problem but I always try to be.

My first year on this forum, I put some trust into one of these “ILP-types”. That stranger reminded me of Iambiguous. It wasn’t long before that poster used personal information against me, as leverage in arguments and social standing. I learned my lesson the hard way, but not too roughly all considering. It’s a dangerous thing to open yourself to the public. The predators and cretins will amass around you, looking for a victim, searching for weakness. Because, really, that’s all they have. They do not have an inner-strength, a soul, a spirit, a worldview, a philosophy, an honesty about exploration of life and existence.

It’s a difference between starting as knowing existence, versus not knowing. Only a rare type becomes aware of self-ignorance.

However, I am embarrassed that you choose to trust the likes of him before me. I blame myself, not you, by the way.

I learnt a long time ago to be careful who I give too much personal info to.

Yeah, well, it’s all fun and games until somebody leads you into the deep snow. That’s when trust really matters.

I treat people how they treat me, and give to them what they give me, usually many times over. I don’t think you can go too far wrong with that policy.

I’m not convinced. I believe people are more selfish than you let on, including yourself. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing either.

I agree that everyone’s selfish, including me. Treating people how they treat you is selfish, because you expect them to do the same again. Assuming they have treated you well, that is.

Honesty is how I treat people well, whether they accept it is up to them, not me.

I think honesty can be tempered with circumspection without veering off into dishonesty.

Age wizens us all, my passion hasn’t changed, has yours?