So hey, everything is Perfect

So, hey everything is Perfect. I mean in life. Everything is Perfect. You see if we want to, we can talk and type all these things about life. But you see the act of typing and thinking is part of everything and is Perfect.

If we want we can ask questions. But guess what, we do not have to. We can just say that Life is Perfection. Now, I know that all of you are going to disagree and have extremely well-thought arguments ready to go. Good. I wish you all the best. But if you want to actually be happy, well then, come into my place. My place is your place. By that I mean that the best place to be is where you personally believe it to be.

Now I know that all of you wil choose what you choose. Well, okay. But for that one, it is correct. We are enjoying Perfection.

Everything is exactly how it should be. Oh my. Perfection.

Just listen: Perfection! Pefection! Everything is Pefection!

Oh wow, Pefection is here! I love this life!

You imperfectly spelled perfection!

It’s perfection not pefection. It’s so hard to find perfection these days…

Indeed, Gadly.

Didn’t leibniz say something like (or argue for), “Everything is for the best in the best of all possible Worlds.”? I’m sure his critics come up with some good arguments against that. I wish i knew what they were, perhaps Gadfly knows.

Do you mean to say that the World is perfect? Or perhaps that only your perception of the World is perfect?

Your right we could constantly lie to our self’s and mend this world to be what ever we want it to be, and many people do. Take a look at all the happy old people in the religions around the world. You offer of lies is tempting but I ask to many questions to live it. Humans sleep in darkness for a reason eh?

well he said that we live in the most perfect of possible worlds, because God is perfect and thus chooses the most perfect world. Is that what you were getting at?

The problem arises when one asks whether God could have freely chosen to create a less perfect world. If if he could have then we could habe lived in an imperfect world, but as God is perfect this seems paradoxical. If he couldn’t then one can argue that there is something beyond God’s power, which also seems paradoxical!

Um, I don’t see how a perfect God creating a less than perfect world is necessarily a paradox. Even a genius can say idiotic things that don’t reflect their true intelligence; not every single painting of Picasso’s was great; please explain how this is a contradiction.

Such good comments from everyone. For starters I do not believe in god at all (except in the sense that Jung believed in gods, as symbolic representations).

Now the most common response I have heard to my crazy speeches is that life can be perfect if we lie to ourselves. This is the best response. But here is my question: Could it be possible that we are lying to ourselves when we see the world as negative? Why is it that philosophers assume that wrong is right? Which describes you best: Do you more quickly see the right-ness or the wrong-ness of someone else’s philosophy or thoughts? What about your own thoughts? Are you prone to fighting against yourself? I was. I used to see only what was wrong with an argument. But then I read a line from William James. To paraphrase he questioned why scientists immediately disregarded all notions of psychic ability. Neither James nor I really believe in telepathy, but the question is not whether or not that exists, but why people so quickly ignore the very notion.

Now I am not stupid. I know that most of you will ignore me and think of me like a homeless man wondering around talking to himself. And verily so, the homeless are afraid of me. But just for one moment, question why you think life is not perfect. Wonder why you are not in complete control of your own destiny? Why are Movies, movies and Life, Life? What is the difference between Fantasy and Reality?

Allow me to quote Thoreau:

“I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so
dear; nor did I wish to practice resignation, unless it was quite
necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of
life, to live so sturdily and Spartan- like as to put to rout all that
was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into
a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms, and, if it proved to be
mean, why then to get the whole and genuine meanness of it, and
publish its meanness to the world; or if it were sublime, to know it
by experience, and be able to give a true account of it in my next
excursion. For most men, it appears to me, are in a strange
uncertainty about it, whether it is of the devil or of God.”

everyones perception of reality is an illusion, that is constantly changing and updating with every thought and experience. You live in your reality of the nature of your enviroment, the nature of your feelings and the nature of your experiences. Everythings perfect in your bubble, percecptions change. The only certainty is change.

Funny stuff. Can we say everything is perfect without anything to measure against? How many other realities have you been to? To know perfection is to compare X to your knowledge bank of experiences and say, “X is the most perfect reality when compared to my knowledge bank of realities on these premisies of judgement”

Short of that, you must logically limit yourself to “This life seems perfect.”

give me just a bit of your optimism.

Ah, now I am going to do something that will betray me as a bad Philosopher. I am going to admit that I am wrong. Telesis, much better phrasing. I will in fact limit myself even further by saying that my current life is perfection. Or how about, I create my personal perfectional perception.

I have lived in many other realities. I have lived in the reality of Wanting things for myself. I have lived in the reality of perceiving Numbers in everything. I have lived in the reality of only doing things for other people. I have lived in the reality of Silence caused by Fear. I have lived in the reality of Self-Denial. I have lived in the reality of Pleasure. “I have lived on the lips of insanity wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door" (Rumi). And out of all the places I have been to, this is my favorite. All day long I walk up and down the banks of the River being warmed and cooled. Am I ignoring the big City next door? Well, I do ignore it most of the time. I have the ability to choose. By no means, am I anything special. I have no special powers. How can life not be perfect when a ignorant drunk like myself can exist, be, and finally find someplace where he can rant and rave like a madman without getting arrested? And you see, that is what makes everything perfect. Or rather, This is what makes everything perfection.

Jasonsiddartha. I found your post both interesting and intriguing.

You stated:

This is close to my view. I am an Atheist who appreciates myth.

You continued with,

Sometimes the lie is a necessary part of life as Nietzsche and Ibsen envisioned. But you ask if the glass is half empty or half full and although i can not speak for anyone else, i loudly exclaim half full! WHich probably describes me for the most part. On some topics here i may see the glass as half empty, but i try to steal a fresh glance at the glass each day, and some days i even put flowers in it. I prefer to call it challenging myself instead of fighting myself. Being open and honest, however, is a truly difficult endeavor and none of us completely succeed.

And,

This is starting to sound like an Anthony Robbins motivational seminar, but i agree that man can be whatever he wants. He is free beyond bounds and sometimes that freedom is intimidating. But perhaps i have misunderstood you. Please let me know.

And you end with,

Thank you. I needed to hear that. Besides that the notion of Thoreau and the way he lived his life has weighed heavily on me as of late. As he said, “The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.” Thoreau reduced his life to a quiet simplicity and solitude which the advent of modern technology has further removed me from. I think sometimes that maybe he knew what was really important.

In your next post, you begin:

Philosophers are frequently wrong and frequently learn from others although few seem to acknowledge it. Telesis did have an excellent point. No point of reference to measure perfection from. I wish i had thought of that.

And you conclude with:

“I have lived on the lips of insanity wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door" (Rumi). For this post, i wish to hone in on this statement as the most representative (from your own admission) within the post. It seems to me that anyone who asks “Why?” with such force is no bad philosopher whether he admits he is wrong or no.

well, I would have thought (help me out theists!) that if God’s essence is perfect, by definition, all his actions must also be perfect. Therefore, creating an imperfect world would be in conflict with his very essence, and hence the paradox.

i wouldn’t use the word perfection
but i would agree that the the world is the way it is supposed to be
basic buddhism
i can dig it

“Everything is perfect,” you say. Then what is perfect?

i saw this somewhere:
the optimist says this is the best of all possible worlds.
the pessimist fears this to be true.

I so this somewhere:
The basis of optimism is sheer terror.