So, what books are you reading right now?

I’ve read Baudrillard’s Simulacra & Simulations. It’s a really nice book.

Haven’t read Anti- Oedipus yet but I will probably read it afterwards when I’m done with A Thousand Plateaus.

Are you a fan of Foucault? Another writer I like a lot.

Haven’t read Foucalt yet.

You can’t read Deleuze without Foucalt since Foucault was the one that largely influenced him.

I disagree. I feel, at least for Capitalism and Schizophrenia, the prerequisite knowledge (if such a bold assertion can be made) is of Freud, Nietzsche, Proust, Kafka, Marx and Lacan. Lacan is the only one of those whom I have not read or am sufficiently familiar with, and I feel D & G provided ample context for these concepts to be adequately relayed. I could also say that Anti-Oedipus is prerequisite for A Thousand Plateaus, but such a suggestion is certainly not rhizomatic. To say “one must visit Foucalt on the cartography in order to get to Deleuze” is to disagree with the entire premise of Capitalism and Schizophrenia. To wit: “A rhizome has no beginning or end; it is always in the middle, between things, interbeing, intermezzo.”

Lacan somebody else I have not read either was prominent influencing Deleuze but if you read the book Negotiations he also spoke a great deal of Foucault which is one of the reasons why he later wrote a entire book about him.

Mitochondria: Power sex suicide:

Excellent book. New footing for the origins and drivers of life. All evolutionists should read. And anyone religious too of course.

Soul Dust, the Magic of Consciousness.jpg

nytimes.com/2011/05/22/books … phrey.html

I don’t read much, but I recently read

Click: What Millions of People Are Doing Online and Why it Matters
by Bill Tancer

got it from the library

It mostly served as an articulation and/or confirmation of things I already knew related to the internet, but for those who are tech savvy, and want a pretty good summary of the last decade or so of the internet, I’d recommend it.

The tree of life - Israel Regardie

Good book. Can be read in a day.

Right now i’m reading End The Fed by ron paul

Just another articulation of his views… if you know anything about ron paul you’ve probably seen him online or on tv first

good if you want some awareness of why the economy is broked

The Road To Serfdom By Friedrich A. Hayek

I just finished A collection of essays, interviews, lectures and discussions by Foucalt titled Power/Knowledge and Murdoch’s The Sea, The Sea. Now it’s back to A Thousand Plateaus.

I really want to read A Thousand Plateaus but I’m afraid I wont understand anything and I’ll get frustrated and give up. Are there any suggested prerequisites for reading Plateaus?

I haven’t read a book in a while. And that really sucks. I’ve been reading a lot of news lately but it feels like a great effort for me to begin a book. I’ve abandoned too many books mid-way through because I lost interest. I hate that. There’s so much I would like to read but it takes a lot of energy for me to read a book because I feel that if I’m not understanding/retaining everything it’s not really worthwhile to go through the motions of “reading” it. Does that make any sense? And my attention is so goddamn flighty. I wish I could smack it.

I would suggest reading Anti-Oedipus first and doing so while sitting at a computer so you can look up some of the concepts for a better understanding (like body-without-organs, de/reterritorialization, biunivocalisation,etc.), but it’s not absolutely necessary. The idea of rhizomatics, really of Capitalism and Schizophrenia as a whole, is of a cartographical nature as opposed to an arborescent hierarchy. I guess what I’m trying to say is that the idea is of an interconnectivity or terrain of knowledge as opposed to a circuit of prerequisites; grass as opposed to a tree, “and…and…and…” as opposed to “then…then…then…”

It’s not light reading; you go through it like a dissection…and you don’t just do it once. So don’t be discouraged if you don’t simply breeze through it.

I’m slumming it in fantasy land:

Desert Spear by some guy who aint going to win the Booker prize because his book aint about something tragic with some point, intellectual, or expert enough and he aint from the “Empire”.

By the Sacred Jockstrap of Robert E. Howard, it is not fair!

The Occult Tradition by David S. Katz

A historian of the occult fills us in on what has been the occult since the Renaissance until today. Started around the 14something’s, am now at 16something’s. Appearently, NEwton was quite the bible-freak. In fact, he considered science to be one half of his work, the other half being the decoding of the secrets in the bible (yeah, we have come a long way, but this is one of, if not the, giant on whose shoulders all subsecuent scientists have stood on).

Most things by Carl Schmitt. Nazi Germany - paradigm case of democracy.

Reading “Free to fly” by Badei S. Thats a Russian author. Seems to me rather interesting, but not so grabbing as "Aragorns plan" )

Medea by Euripides.

And then maybe one of the other 9 plays in the book if I like his dramatic style. O:)

I saw Medea in a theater once. I had tears on my face by the end. Fantastic stuff, I have never been more afraid of what is savage in woman as when I saw that play.