Some music I have done...

Sat down last night and this happened.
IN THE SHA80W OF THE RUNNING MAN

The Gingerbread Baker Is A Candlestick Maker

This one…this was incredibly difficult, and incredibly satisfying.
So…I learned of Ginger Baker this past week. That might be shocking to some folks that I hadn’t a clue who that was before last week - Yes I knew Cream, but didn’t know Baker specifically.
Well, after learning of him rather specifically…immediately my ideas about drums were impacted.
I quickly consumed everything I could on Ginger Baker.

Then I decided that the best way to learn was to imitate. This piece was made with direct influence from Ginger Baker’s style of drumming, and since I was doing a study of Ginger Baker … I just had to grab a drum solo of his and create a virtual drumming solo duet where I “play” virtual drums alongside a recording of his actual drumming - this is the build-up section of the song (around the 4 minute mark or so is when Ginger Baker’s actual drumming is coupled with virtual drum composition that I put along side).

I’m quite happy with the end result, and I have to say…this was one of the most emotional pieces to make in a long time - about 4 or 5 days of constant work and so many “YEAH!” and “F####!” moments during it…there were some times I wasn’t sure if I was ever going to be capable of finishing the song, and then…during the last night of 7 hours of working on it, it all finally clicked…that…that was very thrilling.

So…there it is - my Dance music tip-of-the-hat to Ginger Baker.