Student dresses up as Jesus for Fictional Character Day

High School holds ‘Fictional Character Day’; Atheist student dresses up as Jesus

patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat … -as-jesus/

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, God, God, God, Christians, Christians, Christians, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong.

C’mon everybody, altogether now, let’s sing it again!! Key of C.

Oh…

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, God, God, God, Christians, Christians, Christians, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, God, God, God, Christians, Christians, Christians, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, God, God, God, Christians, Christians, Christians, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, God, God, God, Christians, Christians, Christians, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, God, God, God, Christians, Christians, Christians, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, God, God, God, Christians, Christians, Christians, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, God, God, God, Christians, Christians, Christians, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, God, God, God, Christians, Christians, Christians, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, God, God, God, Christians, Christians, Christians, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, God, God, God, Christians, Christians, Christians, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, God, God, God, Christians, Christians, Christians, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, God, God, God, Christians, Christians, Christians, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, God, God, God, Christians, Christians, Christians, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, God, God, God, Christians, Christians, Christians, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, God, God, God, Christians, Christians, Christians, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, God, God, God, Christians, Christians, Christians, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong.

PS: I’m going to hell for sure, aren’t I?

Doesn’t sound as catchy as Kum Ba Yah

Seriously…
…you HAVE to have PICTURES
…and a YouTube with music would certainly help.

Jesus wasn’t a fictional character: he was a historical figure. That he was the son of God, that he was resurrected, that he fed a large amount of people with a small amount of fish, that kind of stuff is debateable. But his actual existence is confirmed by a wide variety of sources.

This is basically the longwinded story of one uneducated teenager’s attempt at teenage rebellion. NEXT.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. Read the article.

Did he demonstrate that Jesus was a fictional character?

What does a historical versus fictional Jesus have to do with atheism?

Where is Jesus the historical figure buried? Have his bones been found? If not, why do you suppose that’s the case?

Furthermore, how can we know for sure that such “fictional characters” as Spiderman, Batman, Superman, Spock & JR Ewing really don’t exist? Has anyone ever scoured every inch of the universe and found no Spiderman or Superman?

By this logic, the majority of people throughout history have been fictional. :open_mouth:

Writers have admitted to making up these characters. Stan Lee has made up a bunch of characters.

If I were to ask “where are the bones” of Ferdinand Magellan or where are the bones of Benjamin Franklin, one would likely speculate in an intellectual & responsible manner.
However, when I ask, “where are the bones of Jesus?”, I am met with such evasiveness that it is completely lacking intellect or responsibility.

What evidence do you have that Stan Lee actually made up these characters? Since he’s not positing that they’re real, the burden is upon him to show that they’re fictional.

The authors of the Bible posit that Jesus is real, so the burden of proof is upon them to show that Jesus was a real person. But when pressed for details, they respond with evasiveness, hostility and/or defensiveness in such a way that it strongly suggests they either know they’re lying about Jesus or sincerely doubt Jesus ever existed.

If a rooster lays an egg at the top of a gable roof, which way does the egg roll?

The people you are having a discussion with are saying that Jesus rose from the dead after three days and ascended to heaven. Asking where his bones are makes no sense to this group. If you are not even willing to accept this as being part of their belief system , then why are you talking to them?

This is just silly.

The authors believed he was a real person. Is there some passage where they doubt it?
Did the early Christians doubt it, when they were being martyred?

You talked to the authors of the NT? :astonished: :confused: :open_mouth:

The standard of evidence for ancient historical facts is never absolute. If physical evidence were necessary to support the facts of most of ancient history, most of it would have to be erased. When an event is corroborated by multiple ancient sources that’s usually enough. There is historical evidence from multiple sources that Jesus was a historical person. Besides, if Jesus resurrected bodily, physical evidence would not exist. Your question “where are the bones of Jesus” is a trick question for Christians. They likely sense that you’re trying to trap them.

Asking where is something which was part of this physical world should make sense to them. If it doesn’t make sense to them, then I’d be happy to educate them as to why it should make sense.

If you make up the character Dragonman, is the burden upon you to show that Dragonman is a fictional character? If not, why?

Not that I know of. But the way people respond to questions for which they aren’t providing a straightforward answer can provide some insight as to what they believe. For example, take the case of a multi-level marketing recruiter who says he made $10,000 in each of his first two months in the business. But when you ask to see copies of the checks, he states that he doesn’t have copies and doesn’t have deposit slips; he also says it is company policy to not show copies of checks. In cases like this, I can 2 and 2 to conclude he is full of BS. Same goes when Christians are evasive.

I don’t know and I don’t wish to speculate.

No, I haven’t. They’re all dead.

There are a great many things that should make sense to you too. But you disallow it. Thus you cannot “educate” anyone.

There’s your problem nicely summed up.
You approach people with the assumption that your views are the correct ones and others need to be educated. You know how God should interact with humans. You know what happened to Jesus. You are not interested in listening to anyone.
These Christians are right to be evasive. You negate them right from the beginning. Discussing things with you is a waste of time.

Do you think someone believing that an all-knowing, all-loving & all-powerful deity exists should make sense to me?

Do you think someone believing that an invisible & undetectable 17 headed monster named Dexter exists should make sense to me?

Say what you want about religion, the assumption that some guy named Jesus -did not- exist in history is faith-based, especially when you consider all the evidence that there was a guy who existed somewhere in the Christian past by that name, regardless of what ‘powers’ he had or any of that stuff.

I think tryin to say Jesus didn’t exist is a less-accurate position scientifically, as it’s like trying to say there isn’t a fire where there is smoke.

So often in life we are the thing we are arguing against. It’s like a private conversation that we’re having with ourselves. Seeing that is too threatening, so we pretend the conversation is about “them, those people over there”.

After a while, you oughta get clued in. It’s not as though there is no feedback coming back at you.

Likewise, to say an invisible & undetectable 17 headed monster named Dexter never existed is also faith based, as the existence of such being cannot be falsified.