subconscious

perhaps one can come up with a better word or a better definition… There is evidence that attitudes can be conditioned implicitly (mere exposure effect and so on), so I do feel there is a subconscious… but do not feel the subconscious has a will/awareness of its own, necessarily.

How can you explain the reasons why we do things we know we dont want to do. For instance, why do some people react one way to a certain stimuli, and another person another way. Simply because of our past experiences and so on. The situations, thoughts, everything that we experience is percieved in the conscious. The conscious being the main cognitive force thinks and reasons about the outside stimuli, eventually comming to a certain action or conclusion about the stimuli. Its difficult to explain, but there is sort of an action, reaction,action process occuring. The conscious takes in what it sees, at that point there is no perception going on. what the conscious saw is then embedded into the subconscious. This has been occuring since birth. The subconscious then has no job but to hold this information. Since our conscious mind has to make decisions ect., all the information that is held in our subconscious mind, therefore has an effect on our conscious mind, hence the action-reaction, this is where the intial perception occurs. So from our past experiences that have been embedded into the subconscious, the conscious takes these, and then creates an action that corresponds with what u have already experienced. Doesn’t that make since?

You’re wrong! Absolutely. Why? Because, our body has 4 realms - conscious, subconscious, unconscious and death. The conscious is AWARE. The subconscious is aware too but you ensure that the world is NOT AWARE of it (your subconscious thoughts - 'cause they maybe embarrassing or unwelcome to the world). And the unconscious is NOT AWARE. And death is let’s say disappearance of the physical into the universal elements and the mental into higher consciousness.

As far as Freud and his subconscious or unconscious is concerned, I don’t know what he talks about. I don’t agree with most of it.

So, as to the subconscious question, does the subconscious exist or not? Well! You tell me, do you have any subconscious thoughts that this world is not aware of? If you do, then you have a subconscious. Forget Freud, his definition of the subconscious or unconscious does not have to be right you know. At least I believe so.