Suggestions

You keep calling them his forums… they’re hardly his forums when he’s not even allowed to post there.

Anyhow, my apologies for the content of this thread as far as it references my site, and no I do not happen to believe that the number of members on a site determines how good it is (nor do I believe all swearing should be outlawed, et cetera).

Have you ever heard of me? Surely you’ve noticed I tend to be quite sarcastic towards people who make posts which call for it. I don’t doubt that if a new member posted what you have in this thread, I would be just as sarcastic as ben’s post.

If they choose to give you the chance, hopefully you can recognize what a bad introduction you’ve given yourself and take steps to repair it. The people at this forum are not idiots. I’m not a regular poster here, but I have been registered for a very long time as you can see, and I do browse the site occasionally and have found it to have some interesting discussions. And please BMW, as a final request I would prefer it if you don’t tell go around telling other sites that philosophy forums is better than they are, because that just makes me look bad by association.

Sorry Mr. Paul. I didn’t realize that Defending PF could actuall bring you “harm by association”. I’ll stop at once.

Yeah, you’re sarcastic, all right (and cynical, too). But that’s what makes you Mr. Paul! :wink:

Yes, that was a misread on my part the first time I read his post. I thought he was trying to promote HIS forums, not forums that he prefers/frequents. He seemed so proud of the member count, I just assumed until I looked into it further.

Again, my appologies. I think I corrected myself later, or at least stopped refering to it as his as though he owns it.

Pax Vitae, Please check your PM box. Thanks! :wink: