Summer Festivals

Any of the Brits here heading to a festival this summer? Hell, lets not be exclusive, anybody going to a festival this summer?

I’m off to T in the Park for the fourth year in a row. Past years have seen wedding dresses, muddy beer induced diphtheria, tent burning, and other such delights.

Any one got an opinion on the Glasto line-up? Personally I think it is excellent, but more importantly I think those who whine it is crap are missing the point of Glastonbury. It’s not about the music. I went 5 years ago, and was blown away. Seriously it is such an experience, who really cares if you don’t like Jay-Z.

Anyway, feel free to share past festival experiences, and thoughts on this years.

Man, that’s one thing I’ve never really done, a proper festival! Reading is real close to me but never made it there. I pre-registered on Glasto website this year but personally i decided that the line up isn’t all that (I mean Jay-Z??? wtf!) This is probably why they haven’t sold out and had to open registration again! I can totally dig it would be a great experience anyway but i don’t want to spend three days wading about in mud unless I’m gonna see some great sets, it’s got to be a bit about the music! I went to O2 Wireless Festival last year but that was just for the day. Pretty cool tho, saw White Stripes, Queens of The Stone Age & The Thrills. Good crowd and nice weather!

Over the last few years I’ve been to:
Beach-bombing in Barcelona
Snow-bombing in the French Alps
Beach-bombing (again) in Barcelona
Global Gathering in Stratford-upon-Avon
TDK in Kings Cross
Sonar in Barcelona
Me and a good friend of mine want to do Coachella in California, so that’s next on my festival list…

we just mosh…

lol travel much?

That’s just my Summer festival vacations: I go abroad at least 2 or 3 times a year, sometimes even 4…

I want to go to Austin City Limits this summer. There’s talk that Zeppelin and Radiohead will be playing, amongst others. That would be sa-weeeeeet!

I really wanna go to the European tour of festivals.

Bennicassim, Roskilde, Rock AM RIng, Exit Festival. Would also like to go to South by South West and Coachella.

Mmmm, Coachella! :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow Coachella looks awesome. Bright Eyes, Pixies, Flaming Lips, Oasis, Radiohead, Iggy Pop. This just isn’t fair!!! :imp:

Fuck me, it does indeed. Ah well… best to look forward to what I will be experiencing…

The Verve, Rage Against The Machine, R.E.M., Kings Of Leon, Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Interpol, Hot Chip, Raconteurs, We Are Scientists, Biffy Clyro, at T

Fancy Connect Festival in Inveraray this year too, Franz Ferdinand, Bloc Party, Manic Street Preachers, Sigur Ros, Kasabian, looks good!

Bring on the summer :smiley: