Sustainability, le terme du jour..

Apparently they used to make their fries from tallow and they used to taste great. These days the fryers have to have special filers and cleaning solvents to rid themselves of back carcinogenic tar that forms in the workings.

I’d be more interested to see McDonald’s offering fries cooked in real fat like tallow or lard than the toxic blend of motor oil that is made from soy and corn: they should not cook with it but just put it straight in the lorries.

youtu.be/Z6oeAdemFZw

Soon.

I could not watch the whole thing as these films were one of the greatest film disappointments I can think of.
I love Steve Martin. As a stand he was supreme. I saw all the orignal Saturday Night Lives he hosted when I lived in LA. He was a great asset to the rest of the cast; Chevy Chase, John Belushi, Dan Ackroid, Bill Murray, and Gilda Radner. It was a high spot in US comedy.
I also lived the original Pink Panther films. Few men on earth were as great a comic actor as Peter Sellers, and his portrayal of Clouseau was unimpeachable.
But here we see Martin just trying too hard to be funny. He’s just lost all sense of proportion. Not in the least funny. For a sketch like this to work it has be be credible and ridiculous. What we have here is just annoying clowning around. The only way this could be credible is if the student were trying to piss off the teacher. But that is not the meaning of the sketch.
It is no wonder the films were a flop.

I grew up on some Pink Panther because my dad was a fan lol, and grew up more on Saturday Night Live & Steve Martin (love him in The Jerk especially). I guess this scene works as credible for me because his facial expressions exactly match the innocence of a child trying their best to correctly copy their teacher/mother in order to complete the obstacle and move on to whatever they were looking forward to afterwards—hence his appropriate child-like frustration about not quitting.

But I shared it because I can’t wait to get a burger at my university grill as the semester is starting. My brain connections offered up this memory. I always, always, always wish I had the balls to order a hamburger like this. I find it hilarious. It would only work if I was certain the cashier was familiar with it.

You should really just do it! What do you care what people think? Make sure you have some friends with you and ask away!!

As for Peter Sellers…

I looked this up, and despite knowing what dialogue to expect, when I heard it just now of the upteeth time it totally cracked my tickle muscle…
youtube.com/watch?v=Rm2TAL53wVc

Note the gentle subtlety. It is hilarious because it is not overworked.
brilliant

So this one is mildly funny because it sounds like loo, like bathroom or toilet. But only a “dumb blond” would not know he meant law… and like THAT’S not as over played as bathroom jokes.

But then that is funny for a subtler reason that may or may not go well with a doughnut.

I do not usually prefer telling jokes others won’t get… even amongst friends. Have you ever been a cashier or at any sort of job where others were laughing and not letting you in on the joke? You can’t leave without upsetting your coworkers who have to fill in for you. Yeah I’m great at parties. Popcorn?

This is not the only time he uses this device in the PP movies. I never particularly hear “loo”. But just a meaningless word.
I’d not describe Diane Cannon as a dumb blonde either and I do not think she was playing one in this film? But can’t remember.

The monkey is a business man. he does not tell me what to play and I do not tell him what to do with his money

youtube.com/watch?v=WnlIWpZSPXU&t=20s

lol now that was good

Indeed.
Note to self - watch them all again.

I’m just closing in on the last few pages of “The Big Fat Surprise”. By Nina Teicholz.

I have to say that I am in love with this women. She stared as Vegan wanting to know about fats, and found a deep hole in all the science upon which the government advice on dietary measures was based. Turns out it is a complete fiasco of old farts who, imposing their beliefs and authority over others gave us all advice that has cause the massive epidemic in metabolic syndrome; giving big food the justification to further destroy out foods with fake fat and sugar.
She deserves a fucking Noble Prize.
Have you read it?

Also plan to read “Drop Acid” by David Perlmutter, who has identified the role of Fructose in the metabolic production of uric acid. I’ve had gout for over twenty year on and off and started taking allopurinol about 14 years ago after getting lots of bouts following my cancer treatment.
No one has ever pointed the finger at fructose before, always blaming alcohol and purines.

over & out lol [note to self: praying your cancer stays gone forever & your gout goes away and they stop messing with stuff that screws with our (epi)genetics]

Thanks the cancer was stage 4 in 2008. (there is no stage five). Neck cancer tends to get a very high staging because it is so close to vital organs, so the treatment is severe and very nasty. The tumour was small but had already spread to the lymph glands.
Although I had a couple of instances of gout before the cancer (treated with anti-inflams), it only became a big problem after the disruption of the chemo and radio therapies. That’s when I started to take allopurinol everyday.
This time 14 years ago I had just been diagnosed and “looking forward” to my treatment.

Apparently the gout pills are said to help treat my high BP, so that is one medication I want to stay on.

After losing the 40lbs this year I was hoping to be able to reduce my BP meds, but I might have to drop a few more lbs.
Here’s another potential problem. Maybe I am trying to reach a BP that is not suited to my size, gender and age??
The medical profession tends to have a one size fits all recommendation 130-120 over 85-75.
This is inherently absurd.
Whilst I agree that high BP is a bad thing maybe and old git like me needs to the pressure to push the old red stuff about?
Dr. Berry thinks so…
youtube.com/watch?v=fPsOX3S3mCE&t=1s
He says 140/90

Uric acid crystallized as urate messes with the joints. Makes sense why some would go vegetarian & cut out high fructose corn syrup. The latter should be banned, really.

You should see my big toes!!

Generally speaking the role of fructose is not widely known in the medical community. It will probably take 50 years for that knowledge to get anywhere near the political process and the food companies (now in receipt of massive corn subsidies) will stand between the politicians and the science, with their political fund contributions.

The worst of it is that Big Food makes its own (ahem!) “science”, to show just how wonderfully sugar can contribute to the calories demands of the populace

_
• Coffee and tea will not elevate uric acid levels—in fact, coffee may help lower uric acid levels.
• Many people believe unsweetened tart cherries help prevent hyperuricemia and gout flares, and some research supports this idea.
• Limited research suggests dietary supplements of vitamin C and folate may help treat or prevent hyperuricemia

arthritis-health.com/types/ … re-purines

Seriously?
When you’ve had gout for 27 year and access to the Internet for at least as long, you know that stuff.

What’s wrong, Sculptor? You’re barking at everybody lately.

nothing.
I’m not barking.

3 or 4 examples of barking:

ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p … 0#p2882700

ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p … 3#p2882733

ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p … 6#p2882776

So what’s wrong?

So, out of interest… do such methods work?

On another note… yea, getting that ‘full feeling’ as soon as I start eating… full ketosis, achieved? :-s

__
“When MSG enters the brain, not only does it kill brain cells, it wreaks havoc on brain functions. Many people react within 48 hours of ingesting MSG, even in minute amounts, which can make it difficult to trace back to the food source that caused the reaction.”

“Beside its flavour enhancing effects, MSG has been associated with various forms of toxicity (Figure 1(Fig. 1)). MSG has been linked with obesity, metabolic disorders, Chinese Restaurant Syndrome, neurotoxic effects and detrimental effects on the reproductive organs.”

_
8 foods that commonly contain MSG.

• Fast food. One of the best-known sources of MSG is fast food, particularly Chinese food. …
• Chips and snack foods. Many manufacturers use MSG to boost the savory flavor of chips. …
• Seasoning blends. …
• Frozen meals. …
• Soups. …
• Processed meats. …
• Condiments. …
• Instant noodle products.

__
A22CDA99-F94E-428F-BD98-DBFD12A19E8E.jpeg
0C4B4121-8746-4112-8BED-272053EEB1BC.jpeg
In conclusion we would like to state that although MSG has proven its value as an enhancer of flavour, different studies have hinted at possible toxic effects related to this popular food-additive. These toxic effects include CNS disorder, obesity, disruptions in adipose tissue physiology, hepatic damage, CRS and reproductive malfunctions. These threats might have hitherto been underestimated. In the meantime, people keep using ever larger amounts of MSG unaware of the possible consequences. Further studies need to be undertaken in order to assess the connection between MSG and cardiovascular disorders, headache, and hypertension in human models. MSG is a controversial food-additive used in canned food, crackers, meat, salad dressings, frozen dinners and a myriad of other products. It is found in local supermarkets, restaurants and school cafeterias alike. While MSG probably has huge benefits to the food industry, the ubiquitous use of this food-additive could have negative consequences for public health. If more substantive evidence of MSG-toxicity would be provided, a total ban on the use of MSG as a flavour enhancer would not be unwise to consider.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5938543/