The Beauty of Life & the End of Philosophy...

[size=200]
The Beauty of Life & the End of Philosophy…[/size]

youtube.com/watch?v=_RwXud1h … ure=g-hist
Warning - naked woman giving birth. Not safe for work.

[size=112]
Beautiful.

Simple. Awe inspiring.

As much as I am able to reign almost anything into philosophy, in this type of instance, I am left speechless in the raw beauty and simplicity of this video.

Philosophy has it’s noble place in an adult’s life but philosophy, thinking, stops here. We don’t need it here. This is one of life’s wordless wonders.

My thesis for this thread: I love only two things more than philosophy itself. In the eye of the beauty of birth - philosophy is not allowed in. It’s not needed. Enjoy. The end of philosophy.[/size]

If Philosophy is not allowed in, don’t post it in the Philosophy section. Moved to MB.

Given the nature of the video, it is considerate to post a warning regarding the contents. Some people browse ILP at work, for example. I’ve edited your post to add a warning.

Any further non-worksafe links posted in Philosophy will get you a warning.

[size=112]
Philosophy is allowed in. That was a poor choice of words on my part.

I meant to leave the impression that beauty on it’s own is enough. It does not need explanation. Does not need the intellectual riggers of philosophy.

Just between the two of us, because there are no other members following this thread, are you suggesting that the video is in some way offensive?

…or that somehow I am responsible for members cruising the internet while at work?

[/size]

No, he’s suggesting that it’s polite to post a NSFW warning on videos that are NSFW. He’s not saying you’re responsible, he’s not saying the video is offensive. It’s pretty safe to say that the video falls under the criteria of NSFW, and as such, it’s good practice to let people know.

[size=112]
OK, let me get this right…Beauty at work is NOT allowed?

Got it![/size]

The thought process taht goes in Bill’s head:

“They think something in this video is NSFW.
One of the things in this video is beauty.
Therefore they must think that beauty is NSFW.”

Which is about as reasonable as

“They think something in this video is NSFW.
One of the things in this video is a hand.
Therefore they must think that a hand is NSFW.”

See where you’re going wrong with your reasoning there?

[size=112]
You remind me of the third monkey in this video.[/size]

[size=50]…[/size]

[size=112]I was involved with a fellow member and you kind-of broke my mojo;

If you would like to actually add to this thread you must bring it forward. Too many members regress to attack each other.

I won’t do that - and I won’t encourage that divisive approach.[/size]

Good day.

You weren’t ‘involved with another member’, you were asking stupid questions.
I made the mistake of answering them honestly and correctly.
I apologize for that mistake.

This thread is nothing, there’s nothing to say about it. You posted a video of a woman giving birth and said some nonsense about how it’s ‘The end of philosophy’. My wife gave natural birth, so I’m all for the part of the title that says ‘The Beauty of Life.’ The other stuff though…it doesn’t make sense.

Also, you’re being a prick by arguing about the NSFW stuff. Boobs and naked women are NSFW, whether you think they’re beautiful or not. Don’t be dense. Be considerate. You know what NSFW means, so just accept that the link was NSFW and move on.

[size=50]
…[/size]

[size=120]
Um, ah…thank you for participating?[/size]

Isn’t birth more like the beginning of philosophy?

[size=112]
Um, yeah…I could see how you could make an argument for that. I agree.

I think the point I was attempting to make within this thread is just the simple beauty that is depicted in this well made video.

This beautiful act, delicately videoed, DOES NOT NEED any narrative; does not need any explanation. Just beauty.
[/size]

I’m suggesting, or outright stating, right now, for the record, that if you want to waste my time or that of others by being “edgy” or by playing facetious silly-buggers, I will warn you and ban you without thinking twice. This also includes any reply you may want to make to this post. Your reserves of goodwill and benefit of the doubt are used up.

I trust I have been clear.