The Christ and the Power

You are depressing me, cousin.

The Mongol Invasion didn’t save Europe from the Scandinavian hordes. It allowed them to invade Arab land and find their books.

Martel’s big innovation was admitting Romans were better than Goths, and calling one of them God King.

Europe was no less a backwater source of fanatics and analphabets from then until the Mongols did them a favour.

This is fair and accurate.

But remember, the Renaissance only happened once Arab knowledge started flooding in. It is the only reason.

And it didn’t happen in France (lol).

Arguably, no mathematical or scientific innovation that happened in the Renaissance or at any time since was more important than the invention of algebra, by the Arabs.

Only with algebra in hand, which was sourced as much from India and China and Sumer and Egypt and Persia and Israel as it was from Greece, were the Rennaisantists able to to develop everything they developped. And the step from no algebra to algebra is possibly a far more impressive one than from algebra to calculus.

What Scandinavian hordes? What Mongol hordes? Mongols were an advanced and smart traders and they used their advantages perfectly as Nomadic raiders, trade regulators; the Vikings did very well, given the lands they came from, too but it was no conquest…they penetrated through rivers and sea routes, traded, pillaged, raped and retreated back home or settled…Romans were incredibly, incredibly advanced in their own way and surpassed the Ancient Greeks by far yet did not write down much and did not bother with the typical theory much either; for a Roman, a title of a philosopher would be insulting, because they considered the effete and lazy Greeks as so because of their emphasis on arguing, theorising and so forth and viewed it as an inferior way of acting. History is complicated.

Sometimes, though, it is not so complicated.

Specially when there is a nazi agenda to give ascribe to goths a merit that is not theirs. You can find them when not a single historical fact is given, but only a hazy narrative.

The scandinavians were hordes, more backwards compared to Rome than the Indians were compared to the Spanish, French or English that came to America.

And to compare Mongols to Chinese or Arabs or Persians or Romans, who they invaded, is such a joke that it is evident, you do not approach this with any honesty. Honesty, of course, precluded by political agendas.

Though, granted, compared to the scandinavians, they were enlightened.

By the way, lol, I should have known.

Lol you are such a looney dimwit… Have your own world and its own history…do you think I care what some internet lunatics believe and the fantasies they dream away in??? Next, will I hear autism is an actual evolutionary advantage and defacto a step in evolution? Yes, Islamist thinkers invented algebra bro. Mathematics is not an inmate human tendency bro, we humans did not know how to count and had no mathematical intuition before Islam gave it to us.

Don’t give me that sass, boy.

The Compendious Book on Calculation by Completion and Balancing

You do know algebra is not the same as math?

You are right bro, I am a racist neonazi and I hate brown people.

Me: solid history based on facts.

You: gay knights in medieval France

what the fuck are you even talking about you looney

Nothing, nothing, medieval Europe was a pinnacle of knowledge and civilization.

:confused:

:astonished:

Right

Why do you keep talking about Arabs?

Arabs were desert nomads and illiterate barbarians, quite stupid, for most of their existence, until they scored major victories in the late Crusades, overtook Jerusalem, and then spawned Islam by holding Jews hostage. Israel and Jews side with whomever owns and controls Jerusalem. To the victor, go the spoils. There is not / was not, anything grandiose about Arab mysticism, before the Crusades, before Jihad. Arabians probably spawned from the Afghan Mujahideen, mountain fighters (also Persian if you go back far enough).

It sounds like you’re conflating Medieval and Ancient Persia and Iranians for Arabs.

I’d like to know which centuries and which groups you’re actually referring to…

The Persians are the ones who preserved Western/Greek libraries and knowledge during and after the Roman Dark Ages, not the Arabs.

I’m not even gonna bother with you, man. At least aniceguy has a rudimentary grasp on history.

Christianity did not have to be tied to late Ancient Greek thought at all…I know that certain kooks claim it was a corruption of Hellenism by its own design but if you look at it historically, there was no reason why they would have to pay such great attention to Plato and, more importantly, Aristotle or the late Greek thought at all… The Romans didn’t give a shit about the Greeks and yet stand as one of the greatest civilisations ever. Christian theology could have gone in a direction of some kind of orientalism or something much more mystical just as well and it would be fine, look at the Orthodox church again. Or maybe I am wrong but the atypical feature of Christianity having a need to find God is unlike anything else I know of and I think this is largely due to the Greeks…Hindus or Buddhists believe there is one god but completely don’t care to try to prove it or find him. For them, God is not even such a central theme and it’s as if the God is already laid out to them in the rest of the religion and he also remains everything else that is a mystery whilst in Christianity, Gods place is odd because it’s Jesus, not God, who lays everything out yet God is still a central theme in everything and a direct, personal involvement with the human kind.