The Cosmic Mind Continues to Reveal Itself

For centuries, philosophers from Plato forward have used the term noetic to refer to experiences that pioneering psychologist William James (1902) described as:

…states of insight into depths of truth unplumbed by the discursive intellect. They are illuminations, revelations, full of significance and importance, all inarticulate though they remain; and as a rule they carry with them a curious sense of authority.

“The Sound Of Silence”

Hello darkness, my old friend,
I’ve come to talk with you again,
Because a vision softly creeping,
Left its seeds while I was sleeping,
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence.

In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone,
'Neath the halo of a street lamp,
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence.

And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more.
People talking without speaking,
People hearing without listening,
People writing songs that voices never share
And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.

“Fools,” said I, “You do not know.
Silence like a cancer grows.
Hear my words that I might teach you.
Take my arms that I might reach you.”
But my words like silent raindrops fell
And echoed in the wells of silence

And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made.
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming.
And the sign said, “The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls
And whispered in the sounds of silence.”

Isaiah 25:7

And he will destroy on this mountain
the shroud that is cast over all peoples,
the sheet that is spread over all nations;
he will swallow death up forever.

“If only I hadn’t seen ‘it’. That terrible ‘it’.”

The above sentence struck me as so so profound … seems it helps to explain the past 20 or so years of my life.

Out of context the sentence is meaningless … even in context the sentence is meaningless for most readers … I find Tolstoy to be a very deep thinker.

The sentence stands alone as an allegory … let me share a few of my thoughts.

1. The verb “see” is symbolic … nothing is seen with the eyes or any other human sense receptor. Yet a “knowing” is communicated and indelibly stamped onto our consciousness.

2. The pronoun ‘it’ is also symbolic … but what it symbolizes can’t be described or explained in words or images etc. Yet … a “knowing” of what this ‘it’ represents is referred to above as the something that is indelibly stamped onto our consciousness.

Robert Kenny defines the notion as: “Collective consciousness is a mode of awareness that emerges at the first transpersonal stage of consciousness, when our identities expand beyond our egos. A crucial capacity that accompanies this awareness is the ability to intuitively sense and work with the interactions between our and others energy fields, physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. For example, just as Gene Rodenberry imagined a future where Star Trek’s Spock could mind meld with others, more of us are now becoming aware of our capacity not only to intuit each other’s thoughts and emotions, but also to consciously think and create together without communicating through our five senses.

While poking around I came across the ‘Global Consciousness Project’ … a significant and contemporary investigation of the capabilities of the individual and collective human mind. In an article written by Roger Nelson I found the question “Is there a sense in which mind is present in the world beyond the brain?”

Seems to me Rogers is posing the same question St Augustine posed 1,600 years ago … “Surely that cannot be external to itself, it must be within the mind. How than can it fail to grasp it?” … Hmmm!

Tom,

It’s funny how divine inspiration puddles itself down into the depths of knowing through people like you. Your OP has blown my socks off. Lots of signs going on there that form yet another pattern which gives me more inspiration to continue to communicate with you on the thread about Capturing God in a Concept. Hope to see you over there! :slight_smile:

You seem a bit delusional.

Revealing the world for what it factually is, probably dictates a need for blinkers. :slight_smile: At least in our illusion we can try to make the world better/as something else other than what it is.

Or more on point; is death and misery lifted with the veil? Then you have one less world, where that replacing world would be the same as Elysium [as describe in Egyptian book of the dead for example].
Perhaps this world based in the finite, makes us more real in some sense? Is there to manifest stories, poetry, art etc? At least where that would be a different painting from one painted in Elysium – so to say, so you got overall a fuller range. I cannot imagine a reality which would not include this world, whether that is moral or not is a different question compared to ‘if worlds must simply be/manifest’ or ‘there are worlds, and those worlds are like what they are like, and not like a given different world’.

_

undoubtedly the vast majority of people agree with you

in their time the vast majority of Europeans believed Galileo and Copernicus were delusional

history has lots of examples where the delusions of one century morphed into common sense a century or two later

oh! the grace/bane of science

the emergence of the notion ‘thought police’ seems to point to the above delusion

No they didn’t.

Amor and Trixie,

You want answers, right? Not illusions, but THE WHAT?

Here’s a critical portion of my guide to that which is beyond time and outer space, beyond this reality.

1. You have to believe it’s possible to have your answers and an energy force of will to back that belief.
  2. You need to meditate with the intention to astral project from an awake state(lucid dreaming into astral projection doesn’t get you where you get answers. Lucid dreaming is more akin to an Alice in Wonderland ride in effect).
  3. You need to be in the most peaceful, most comfortable, accepting of a different perspective on reality without any reservations (no fear) while being 100% awake(and sober, no illicit anything) with your eyes and mouth shut (which no doubt some of you may find difficult). If you fall asleep, you’ve failed.
  4. Every muscle must be still and relaxed (no concentration on thinking required) and sounds must fade to the back of your awareness. What’s up front is a black void made up of nothing solid, just a serene darkness that grows more quiet as you lay there.
    5.Here’s the first really freaky part of this transition, your consciousness will get powered down for a brief second as if you breached nothingness, then you will literally hear a click in your mind and onto step 6.
  5. If you get to this point when your soul’s mind powers back up, your soul’s body will already be on the move. You can’t freak out when your consciousness, your soul’s mind and body, are rising out of your perfectly fine physical body. That’s where I lost it and my consciousness dropped back into my body. Floating upwards was shocking. Hopefully, I’ll get a handle on it this next time round.

Many years ago, what I initially visited and believed to be Heaven had something too good to be true about it, now in retrospect. Was taken there via involuntary, spontaneous astral projection. No one else was there, but it felt like home.

Skip to a few weeks ago, was astral projected down several planes of reality, buttloads of souls both genders reaching towards me screaming in every negative emotion I can think of mixed together. That was horrifying and I sprung back into my body in panic. WTF? :open_mouth:

As I mentioned above, I did manage my own astral projection consciously guided and I did make it out of my body for a short view of the physical reality plane, but not long enough to research squat.

So now it’s back to the drawing board for me because of this suspicion that something’s amiss and I’m regrouping my will to discover it’s nature. To get out of my body on my own volition from an awake state took years of effort and back then my energy force was easy to build up. Trying to come up with a new game plan since my energy wanes now. Haven’t seriously tried recently, but plan on it. Anybody else ever astral project from an awake state?

Questions?

Can I ask your thoughts on this bit of science?

vimeo.com/26318064

Would a cosmic consciousness not be able to express itself in a more convincing way?

It appears not. I say this because of two experiences in my life years ago. The first was a telepathic communication with my wife, and the other with what may have been a cosmic consciousness.

The first I believe completely as I have my wife as a witness who will swear to it.

The second could have more than one explanation including my finding and opening my third eye.

What I found seemed to have more than one consciousness in it and my first impression was that of a cosmic consciousness.

Yes I have considered the possibility of delusion/insanity, indigestion or mind burp of some kind, but have discarded them because of the reality of my first experience.

Thoughts on the vid and it’s scientific possibility is more important to me here as it has proofs while I have nothing to show and just gave what I did as an anecdotal rendering.

Regards
DL

I never said telepathy and cosmic telepathy was not real.

I said it is delusion to believe that you can create projects together with it. It’s akin to putting paint balloons on the sides of bumper cars and expecting the floor to be Mona Lisa at the end of the day.

Yes. For science, can you pick a random playing card out of the deck, and, without looking at it, put it visibly above you, so that when you exit your body you can verify that you did actually leave your body, by correctly identifying the card?

That was not for me but I agree.

I see telepathy as subatomic particles forming a message just as radio waves can, but without a receiver being turned on, they just keep on flying by without anyone gaining information from them.

I think telepathy may have a way to ask for permission to enter a mind or even force it’s way into another due to my experience with my wife. She called my contact with her mind an assault and it was tough enough on her, even though I did not communicate anything to her, to make her cry. She knew that I was the culprit somehow but that was it.

So to use your analogy, there are paint balloons being produced and thrown and are producing a picture of sorts, but one that has to be received and interpreted.

Regards
DL

Telepathy is like a terrible form of UDP. You can’t be absolutely sure what it is your sending or who it is recieving who it is talking to you or that theyr getting your messages.
There have been no winners of million dollar magic contests. If it was that easy to send reliable messages two psychics would have entered separate rooms and telepathically told each other things. Noone has. The only actually entities that can do this are daemons. Daemons use TCP, not UDP. No human is that good.

Because of the emotional, as opposed to a message type of telepathic contact with my wife, I mostly agree with what you say.

That was not the case with my second experience when I may have found a cosmic consciousness because that time, information was exchanged. Mind you, the biggest part of the experience was pure emotion and something I did not experience before or since.

Regards
DL

You said actual information was exchanged. But how do you know it was from other humans, and not daemons?

Primarily because I do not believe in the supernatural or fantasy creatures. There is no woo in my belief systems.

If it was a daemon, I guess it did not like my mind as it never returned.

Regards
DL

Whats the difference between believing in supernatural entities, and beliving in supernatural claims like telepathy?

That’s like saying Cerberus are real, but minotaurs are crossing the line.

I do not see telepathy as supernatural.

I cannot do supernatural. I did do telepathy though. One time confirmed, the other not.

As I indicated above with my radio waves analogy, it is just our minds moving thoughts, which are just subatomic particles in a wave form, from one place/mind to another.

Regards
DL

A side note, sorry to everyone else for the disruption in your usual programming—>Happy? Now YOU’ve given me a headache with your mind over madder. All of this riddling in 1’s and zeros, with buzz words meant to entertain me. You are a trickeeee daemon, I will give you that. Well all I know is that I am a 10. Like it or lump it! :wink:

By that reasoning, I could argue that deamons are not supernatural, but some form of invisible em pulse, like thought, indistinguishable from whitenoise, like a hidden algorithm obfuscated and you need the top secret equation to decode the white noise.

10 out of what?

And please answer my original question.