The Death of Democracy

So could you be implying that there are alternatives to all the various forms Democracy which are less oligarchical? Or less corrupted?

What do you mean by ‘true’ Democracy?

Are you implying that Athenian Democracy was the most favourable form of Democracy to date?

Are you implying that all variant forms of Democracy since Pericles have intended to function benevolently in principle, but not in reality? Which cases in particular are most corrupted in your view? ~ (assuming you think there are absolutely no successful cases of Democracy after the Hellenistic age)

What are you speculations for Democratic nations in this century and are these projections justifiably so?

Your premises arrive at seemingly self-explanatory conclusions without tying everything together with coherent argument and evidence. More explanation and elaboration would be appreciated.

I’m implying that the history of democracy around the planet have in no way been successful period.

Yes, also I’m an anarchist.

Maybe it is better to define “democracy” in order to avoid misunderstandings.

“Democracy” means “popular government” / “popular sovereignty”, thus that the “people” (“demos”) “govern” (“kratein”), that people have the “power” or at least the main power. This already shows that the word “democracy” is based more on wishful thinking than on real action. In other words: A 100% democracy is not possible. There are always others who have an interest in government but no interest at all in democracy. Therefore other mechanisms are needed to implement democracy, for eample: state of law (constitutional state - as I already said) and division of powers. But there are nevertheless not enough mechanisms for a 100% democracy. It is just not possible because of nature, of life, especially of the human nature and life.

The best prospects for having a democracy are: homogeneity, a common enemy (a natural or a cultural one) or something like a (seemingly) permanent danger, and everyone must be needed (compare: “SAM”).

[size=80](Greetings from Maleswhale, by the way.)[/size]