The Despisers of Life

Zarathustra says: “I beg of you my brothers, remain true to the earth, and believe not those who speak to you of otherworldly hopes! Poisoners are they, whether they know it or not. Despisers of life are they, decaying ones and poisoned ones themselves, of whom the earth is weary: so away with them!”

But who are the true despisers of life?

Are they the ones who deny this life for the sake of a future life? Speaking as they do of “otherworldly hopes”? Or are they the ones who accept life on earth as is? And in doing so deny to life its possibilities?

Or is there a division that cuts across this divide, with agents of decay to be found on both sides?

Who, today, are the ones that poison, and that we should do “away with”?

It’s a heaven vs earth, god vs atheism, idea.

Dualistic thinking perhaps.

I can see how if we live our lives by what we expect the result of that to be after-life, that this may be negative from an earthly perspective.
Equally life ends and so if there is any meaning to it all then its beyond life.

Probably better to live for both worlds? Or not live for any reasons et al.

I think the problem is that there is an assumption of ‘requirements’ for the next world. So because this life is limited or repeating [rebirth etc], if we don’t want that we have to find a way to get past whatever makes us reborn, or make it to another world or nirvana and the like.

These days i think you just go through a door to different worlds after death, and there are no requirements. The earth realm forces you to live by its ways which inevitably are not going to be the same as another completely different world.

I don’t think the latter can fairly be called life despisers unless that description is made clearer.

How do they accept life on earth as is? What specifically does that mean?