The EPA

Very vague.

where do you think the limit should be?

I think a more interesting question first is the one i asked first in the OP, which is where the limit currently in actuallity is.

i can’t help but to lol at the idea that you’re objection to something as uncontroversial as cleaning up superfund sites is that it’s a slippery slope that might lead to some state sanctioned murder of cigarette smokers i mean that’s wild

like is this real

As it stands, I think most people would agree that the EPA’s role is to regulate facilities with the ability to produce nauxeous fumes or pollutants, such that the emission of these pollutants is reasonable in terms of the possibly affected people.

It’s more a matter of the definition you gave of what the EPA should do. It’s vague to the point that it can easily include handing out death sentences to smokers. That too is real. Definitions are real.

i’m sorry i didn’t think it was necessary to stipulate that i didn’t mean for the epa to execute cigarette smokers

what about cap and trade? good or bad?

Yes but I’m not a mind reader. I have no idea what it does include in your head. As a definition on paper, it inculdes executing smokers easily. No stretch is required.

it’s definitely a stretch to go from cleanup superfund sites to murder cigarette smokers

also you should work on your mind reading. it’s a life skill

Right, so how would you define that limit, so that we don’t have to define the EPA as “an organization that reads Smear’s mind and acts accordingly?”

i’m ok with the limit of not killing smokers. but not with a limit that doesn’t allow for cleaning up superfund sites and holding accountable those whose actions are plainly destructive to public health

Very vague.

I’m sure you can appreciate that no sane organization could operate under those principles.

maybe you can show me how to draw a line that isn’t too vague for your taste, or how to measure the sanity of an organization.

It’s unreasonable to call this vague?

Why not “an organization that stops bad things from happening?”

We still have no idea what you think the EPA should do.