The language of Mind

No, Sanjay.

The qualifying of languages has to be refreshed, if it is not to fade. Therefore, i see no way out of this, in order to avoid a SAl as a runaway train kind of phenomenon. I understand that the overbearing evidence points to the aforementioned position, however, it is a matter of what needs, should be done, if anyone is to avoid calamity. Against all odds, to avoid the appearently unavoidable. As with all major changes, it is the unexpectedly inconsequential , the hardly perceived missing link, which nature inserts into the equation, to save project. The greatest project(ive) , is the idea of God’s love for creation, which as a hypothetical, has to be substantiated by the unexpected. I know You are right, James, but I feel natural processes balance out the equation, as if by a miracle. There is still time to re-evaluate the naturalistic fallacy, as perhaps way premature.

To limit the possibility of what a machine can do, is to limit the possibility of what Man can do. Can Man create something greater than himself? He certainly can if there is a possibility of anything greater than himself.

It is not man setting the limits to what he can do, but Nature herself, at critical points where limits define the extent of it, of even what is conceivably possible.

True, but what I meant was that when people say, “Machines cannot do” this or that, they are setting a limit that nature has not necessarily set on machines nor Man’s ability to accomplish. Man can do anything that nature allows. And what nature allows is far beyond what Man has currently done. So one cannot gauge the limits of Man based upon what he has done so far. Man is currently still a child, a work in process, as are his machines.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Keller

Maybe she’s not quite the example to have since ~~ by the age of seven, Keller had more than 60 home signs to communicate with her family.

But still…it’s a very interesting question.

Actually, that is a great example. She had very limited external stimulation with which to comprehend what we normally call language. Yet her mind was still functioning within itself, which she later proved.

If she had been void of literally ALL senses, even internal senses, her mind could not have functioned at all and she would have died very early because most of the mind’s “thinking” involves the coordination of internal concerns.