The Origin of God

The name Jerusalem comes fron Uru shalim meaning founded by the God of Venus in the west, sometimes known as the evening star. Asherah gave birth to Shalim and Shachar, who was Venus in the east, sometimes known as the morning star. When in conjunction with Mercury this shachar becomes the Shekinah, sometimes known as The Divine Shekinah.

This conjunction occurs on various ocassions, but certainly once every 480 years. It occurred in 1447BC, the year often claimed for the Exodus. We have our pillar of fire. It occurred in 967BC, the year claimed for the building of King Solomon’s temple. It happened in 7BC (on 25th December!), within the timespan accredited by historians for the birth of Jesus (7BC to 4BC). Isaiah saw the divine shekinah and predicted the coming of a Messiah. Mohammed saw the Shakeenah and retired to a cave where he communed with God.

All the monotheistic religions are based around an astronomical event which seems very much ignored in the present.

Why Jerusalem? It is the only lattitude on the planet (at both N and S) where the angle between the most northerly and southerly risings and settings of Venus is exactly 60 degrees. Incidentally it is exactly 90 degrees at Stonehenge. We have a reason for the religious fascination with equilateral triangles (eg the equality of father, son and holy ghost), it’s not the sides being equal but the angles being 60 degrees. We have a reason for the fascination with the outside columns on King Solomon’s temple, they were used as markers for these extremes.

If you don’t think ancient astronomy was up to all this, try this for size. An equilateral triangle of sides 25 cubitts has a vertical height of 10 metres. The metre was invented by the French as a proportion of the distance from the pole to the equator. They were out by, I think something like, 80 metres. The Egyptians were only out by about 40.

It’s quite shaking to realise that the majority of human achievement has been gained in the name of a series of fairy-tales. And sobering to think of the number of deaths from the same cause.

Burn in hell…

Possibly I went a little too far in my second last sentence, however your retort raises an interesting point.

Presumably if any part of us survives the death of the body (and I personally believe it does) it must be all or part of our mind. Having, therefore, none of the solid component of the body it would presumably be incapable of combustion. Possibly the worst we can expect is eternal anguish.

if you belive that you can have a part of you survive the death then can that part go onto another life do you mean or do you just mean that your soul goes off into the middle ofo nowhere?

According to astronomers a large part of the universe is missing. Martin Rees, the Astronomer Royal, gives a figure of 85%. (See last programme of series ‘What we still don’t know’ UK Channel 4 Sunday 19th. December), They have invented ‘Dark Matter’ or ‘Dark Energy’ to cover the shortfall. It means they don’t have the slightest idea.
This ‘Dark Energy’ could be all around us. Mind could be part of this DE. Philosophers have long debated whether brain is the mind or merely the organ which connects body to mind. It would seem to me that 85%ish of the universe is available for mind to retreat to when not in a body. Look at how complicated the 15% we know is. In the majority which we don’t know it would seem almost anything is possible