The point of philosophy is to end philosophy

Prometheans got something of a point, at least he is right where it concerns the trash he has read, all that is completely pointless.

Evidence of the lack of need for philosophy for a society is Rome. They just killed everyone else and took their stuff, and had no philosophers except Seneca, whose philosophy is basically that one doesn’t need to make things more complicated than they are.

However , without the presumption of philosophy , the hypothetical foundation of science would not have developed.

There would not be an end to philosophy if there was no beginning.

Lets say if the biblical interpretation of genesis were to hold true, then the interval between beginnings.and endings would gain no.meaning, through the process of and that would be a sine quo non of life.

Without that process, the markers of which would signify the development , consciousness Itself would not have developed.

So , philosophy is the signification of the process of Life It’s Self.

This was Presocratic philosophy, Socrates took philosophy into the ego for it to wither away and become a trivial non-thing.
Francis Bacon turns out to agree with me on that, he, the founder of scientific method, called Plato and Aristotle empty rhetoricians basically, but owed much debt to those who came before.

prom wrote

Nihilistic philosophers are a good thing?

Mmhm. We wish to precipitate a profound crisis by exposing all cherished beliefs and sacrosanct truths as symptoms of a defective Western mythos (I totally stole that. Sounded so good I had to use it).

“Nihilism is not only the belief that everything deserves to perish; but one actually puts one’s shoulder to the plough; one destroys” - N

And we ain’t the passive Eastern or french existential nihilists, either. Those are the ones who think everything should perish. We’re more like the German or Russian kind. When destruction becomes a creative act, like your boy bakunin once said.