The Riddle of Epicurus

Our universe is constructed with two basic elements, spirit and matter.
The big bang is more than likely the union of these two, and we know that matter is energy, and i’m fairly sure that spirit is a kind of energy too.

When God decided to create his creation, it needed a place to happen. This place was a construct, and so needed laws. Without them the energy would have been in a vacuum, completely valueless. These laws have become known to us through physics - gravity, energy and such. As our science has discovered, at the heart of all this lies the uncertainty principle. Chaos. This element is vital to the functioning of this universe as we know it, but did not exist before the creation of the universe (assuming that God is eternal). Once this element was in existance, it is easy to see how the angels could be affected by it, as surely as free will was given to us, it was made manifest in them too. Lucifer’s great sin was that of vanity, and that is surely the most materialistic of sins.

This construct in which we find ourselves is flawed, if you desire a perfect state, but seeing how perfect the natural laws are, we can only assume that the flaw is included in the masterplans. This eternal strife between good and evil, order and chaos seems implicit to our environment, and our natures.

While we seem a lot surer of the physical aspects of our universe than the spiritual ones, the two are inseperable. The ultimate answers to why are probably beyond our reason, just as a singularity is beyond our maths, but knowing that this world has structure suggests that God would have known evil would arise, and continued nonetheless.

I think that parallel to chaos in matter is chaos in spirit. They mirror each other in laws and principles, and are in some way connected with any purpose we claim for our own existence, including God, whatever the nature of His being.

I also think that for us to assume any knowledge of value is arrogent, we as humans in our quest for true knowledge have not yet begun. However, understanding the spirit matter duality would answer a lot of questions.