The right side of history.

Oops double post.

Jeez…

I think I do kinda buy the “no self” bit though. The one thing that has always hit me about evolution, is that it never gives presents. And this ‘self’ we experience and its seeming angelic distance from the general hub-bub and gurgle of our fleshy fart-prone bodies seems far too good to be true.

It’s a trap obviously. :smiley:

Who are you talking to right now?

The illusionary self that posts under the moniker “Pedro”.

Lol that was written at me?

Let me get this straight.

You just suggested that I don’t know who my father is and that all I know is cousin fucking, and then you tried to make a joke about Budism?

Wtf were you raised?

Are you being genuous right now?

mm-hm, that question’s one of the biggies. and believe me, after spending years interviewing philosophers and scientists about how they would answer that question, i’ve concluded that the question must be passed by in silence.

still in the back of my mind it lingers; why wouldn’t the universe stay unconscious if that’s its original and much simpler state? like wtf happened that made the most fragile and delicate arrangements of matter possible, come into being? worse, and stay that way without falling apart. know what i mean? if one little natural law were the slightest bit different, pedro wouldn’t have had the good fortune of reading my posts. sometimes i wonder if there’s some anthropic principle shit going on, man. i dunno, like i said; pass that question by in silence.

:smiley: I’m a complex guy. Nah, for a redneck, I think you’re alright.

I think you’re a fucking piece of shit.

But I don’t hold it against you. I’m just not gonna stand by and let you all do this to my people anymore.

So, you know, with love.

Harsh. :-" ah well, if you are gonna hate, you’d better do it well, the bar is pretty high tbh. :laughing:

"I found ludwig vitkenshtein, that’s what happened. "

Lol dawg, logical positivism is so fucking wrong-headed that not even the guy who invented it,- Ludwig Wittgenstein himself, could buy into or believe the shit. Wittgenstein wrote other stuff too you know, after the Tractatus. He abandoned his entire epistemology and developed the idea of language games, which became integrated with Pierce and others,- in the field of semiotics. Now, besides your positivist epistemolgy refuting itself, I would address your appropriation of the Western tradition to the category of ‘fantastic nonsense.’ You may perhaps find it disconcerting, and suffer from no small measure of cognitive dissonance thereby, in knowing that the world around you is permeated in that ‘nonsense’, and shaped by it; politics, at its deepest foundation, our culture, religions,- our actual social structure itself, by which your very psyche has been organized into something amenable to analysis and, more precisely, psychoanalysis- are all the product of that ‘nonsense’. Even you, yourself,- you who would dismiss it or close your eyes to it, or- to carry on the favored metaphor of your apparent intellectual father figure, shut your ears to and “pass over in silence”, are all the singular and glorious product of that ‘fantastic nonsense.’

[mm-hm, that question’s one of the biggies. and believe me, after spending years interviewing philosophers and scientists about how they would answer that question, i’ve concluded that the question must be passed by in silence.]

That silence, as I noted above, is just another way of saying that your positivist epistemology refutes itself. Silence is not an answer to the philosopher. For the philosopher, silence is a question; non-existence, nihility, the philosophic Negative, the abyss, the end, the terminus of his own vision, the mark beyond which his intellect cannot venture- for it is that, which provides the boundary of his own consciousness necessary for separating it from that of another, and from the rest of the universe. And without that border, without that outline, without that boundary,- his Self could not exist, it would have no shape, it could not be differentiated and attain to the individuality and singularity implicate in its very definition: it is that boundary which allows, in so many words, his consciousness to exist and thus: Being is ushered in from silence, and brought forth from Nothingness solely through the process of reflective abstraction. Nothingness is the boundary and border that gives shape to Being- it is the nonexistence upon which existence depends for its existence. This paradox makes and breaks souls, and it is one of the chief instruments for establishing the order of rank among thinkers. This transcendental inter-dependency, and the successful contemplation of that paradox, which I call the Reification of the Negative, is the basis of a central idea in my own philosophy, for which I have devoted 15 years of my life writing a 10 volume work.

Actually, second thoughts. Life’s too short, and I’ve done that before. As of now I’m going to aggressively like you. Nice hat, if you’re wearing one.

Instead of that, why don’t you go to your nearest redneck gathering place and try and make some friends?

As long as you don’t go accusing people of being fatherless cousin fuckers, they won’t bite.

Lol Parodites, it was better to turn to the guy who called him a piece of shit than give that fucking text a try.

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

With love.

I do not expect him to respond to my post in any meaningful way Pedro, to be fair, however for others- I would offer it to them.

The good news is that editing your post six times means you’re a meticulous dude who’s sincerely dedicated to his cause. The nature of that cause is questionable, but the commitment is certainly there. nods

The bad news is I’m presently watching ‘hobbes and shaw’ and am therefore not permitted at this juncture to respond in depth to your post. However, I will offer you this at the interim and hope that you enjoy it as much as I did. Hilarious dialogue.

Ahh damn, I’m confused about who posted what to whom now. My feelings for pedro have clouded the issue.

I think that one was aimed at prom not me. Just as well, soared right over my head.

Lol, I just tried to google “positive examples of redneck culture” the results were less positive than I’d hoped for.

Tab man did you always operate like this? You seem much more reactionary.
But here’s some honest to god redneck culture.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KkMIIFCZv4[/youtube]

If that doesn’t say it all, I don’t know what can.

You are fucking unfit to govern.

Now go google “shred of dignity.”