The roots of wisdom

In order for there to be wisdom, knowledge must be accumulated. Knowledge is accumulated naturally of course, with ease, until we get to the more complex areas of course.

Wisdom on the other hand, is a product of knowledge. But really, what is a key critical component of wisdom aside from knowledge? It seems to me that knowing when you do not know is the key. The fool claims knowledge on all sorts of impossible to know subject, the wise, know when they do not know. Knowledge isn’t wisdom, knowing how to use your knowledge is. Knowing when you don’t have knowledge, is.

The difference between the knowledge and wisdom is intent. Knowledge is innocent and cannot use it itself. The intent of its user decides what would be the outcome of the use of the knowledge.

If the intent of user is good, it is wisdom, and if not, it is not wisdom.

For example, take the knowledge of sub atomic particles and atomic energy. This knowledge can generate electricity but atomic bombs as well. It is up to the intent of the user or the posseor of the knowledge that decides in which way it is going to be used.

Secondly, it is not necessarily that more knowledgeable person must be more wiser.

With love,
Sanjay

I think that what distinguishes wisdom from mere knowledge is the issue of whether the wisdom (whether knowledge based or behavior based) serves one’s true highest purpose, whether they actually know what that purpose is or not. Remove all purpose for life and nothing can be called wise.

If the product of wisdom is not knowledge or it’s constituent parts, and where the assumed stretching of the mind has occurred, there must reasonably be a means to attain that very same stretching.

We could say, that the mind is stretching anyway. Or that no such stretching has occurred?

…but thick people are thick and that makes them less aware?

is a less intelligent [than human] lion equally less aware? I doubt it.

but a stupid lion wont last long.

the stretching is thus, doing something!

_