The Way of the whale

edited

Hello F(r)iends,

Dear W.J.,

Allow me to apologize for the confusion. I never meant to suggest that you quoted Beston in less than fully earnest intentions. My interest in this thread was to serve as the antagonist. If, in doing so, you think I have impugned your intentions then I now declare truthfully that I too found your choice to speak through Beston’s words very eloquent and noble.

Sincerely,

-Thirst

I agree with Beston… when we have a wiser view of animals, we can begin to have a wiser view of mankind.

I would say that it’s a reflection of how we treat the human heart. Many people don’t give a damn about the human race, and think that no amount of toxins are going to affect the weather or the earth, or the creatures on it.

How soon we forget the past, and the mad hatters…

It’s been said that we should try to limit our fish servings to 2 - 3 a week possibly less, there’s traces of mercury in all fish even farmed. Is it a stretch of the imagination to say that this whale had “mad hatters” disease?

AKA, mercury poisoning?

Liquid, I’m not sure it’s anything mystical. Probably just the result of western governments’ militaries testing high-powered radar systems in the ocean, deafening the sea life. (It might be poisoned oceans too, but isn’t the Temes notoriously dirty?)

I’d like to take this opportunity to say “hi” to all our friends at the NSA who are probably monitoring this post. No doubt will go on my permanent file, and I will be under suspicion of being either a communist or an eco-terrorist.

There are less than 5% of the world’s fish left in the oceans. Perhaps we should limit our fish servings to 0?

A

There has been a huge effort to clean up the Thames in the past few years. It is now a lot cleaner than it used to be say 4 or 5 years ago.

I’m not really suggesting anything mystical here. I’m suggesting that nature provides signs. Now signs imply something that is written. If it is written then it must be plain for us to see. Surely we need to learn to read no? An out of the ordinary indication that we are indeed all One thing. I have a reputation around here for being all mystical like. Nonsense, I’m most practical. If respecting nature and I include all creatures as well as human beings and what each creature has to offer in this dance of life is mystical, well then yes, I’m a mystic. I can’t help but ask certain questions. If there are questions there must be answers. I don’t see how any of this is mystical.

Welcome to the police state, coming soon to a country near you!

A