The world has forever changed

I’ve talked alot of spit in my time about how smart and talented I am. But the problem was that I never had anything tangible to back it up with. Society will never be the same because of what I’ve created. The best thing for me to do is show it to you.

First, start up this video and start watching:

youtube.com/watch?v=gdYm63oR7KU

Then, start up the following video, but keep it on pause until 1:39 of the first video, at which time you should put it in full screen mode.

youtube.com/watch?v=IH-MmozJecU

After you watch it, we can start discussing the sociological ramifications of it all…

Before I get into potential sociological impacts, I am curious what other things you feel that you have accomplished as ideas or potential products that substantiate your feelings of brilliance even though I understand that you have nothing tangible to support such… …?

that’s really cool Potentiator. as a prototype, it has lots of potential. there are def things you can do, i’m sure, to improve the GUI, but this is a great idea.

Exaggeration is a hobby of yours?

If you don’t understand the impact of what Potentiator just accomplished…don’t speak.

Potentiator,
You should have four primary objectives at this point:

1. improve the interface for the variables so that the variable selection ceases to be rp=2, and instead allows you to click naturally to the parent that you wish to make. As well as remove the need to enter any of those kinds of shorthand codes (which I fully understand this is new and so they are there for the time being) and replace them with gui representations in image formats. Such that for a background change, you are selecting the background, then selecting the dropdown for changing the background, then altering by mouse position as you do now (also might want to throw in a “match color to…” option so that you can just select a color already in use for easy theme creating.
    Also would suggest basic preset themes so that if you are in a business mode, decorating can take a back seat.

2. move to android/ipad/iphone operating system platforms

3. replace mouse function with touch functionality in full gesture support

4. link the system through facebook (and if possible one day, as well through google plus)

If you accomplish these 4 things with what you already have…you will have just created the next generation of conceptual ideological sharing of communication.
Showing each other what we think through the digital medium of information will have just become radically more pliable and flexible.

What you just did, honestly, was just as paramount as what Jefferson Han did when he premiered mutitouch gui interfacing at TED before we received them in phones.

I would highly encourage you to spruce up your gui to at least marks 1 and 3, and then get your ass to TED for a proper demonstration please!
(also…could you please release this as open source as Jefferson Han did so that technology will not be stifled to proprietary slow advancement. The only reason we all have our wonderful touch phones today is because Han released his code as open source.)

Oh…and at the TED presentation…might I suggest getting a partner so that you can show the interaction between two interfaces on a matter, and possibly show it for something like thought sharing to brainstorming - something akin to that that shows functional solution to everyday obstacles.
For instance, two doctors at a distance could use this technology to EASILY discuss a case on the fly in a bundle of information like xray’s, scans, videos, text and format the information easily back and forth in real time.

Then please enlighten me. What am I misuderstanding?

That interface is completely modular in an incredibly intuitive manner.
If that were on a touch screen device, such as a tablet one can find in many hospitals and higher education systems today, then the ability to communicate complicated conceptual information could be simply created and shared, with multi-author editing capacity, in matters of seconds.

If you mixed that with a live sharing server, the ability for five doctors to communicate information of a patient simultaneously on the same troubleshooting viewing pane would be readily available in quite natural human gesture.
And since it’s modular media, that means that you could include any kind of media format into the same page instance and that means that you could have five doctors on video conference and all equally manipulating the shared information that is being displayed.

It is essentially the guts of the first live interactive virtual meeting hub.

I could damn near virtually give you my case files by hand, open them, and show you the contents in specific visual control when you mix this with the above listed.

It’s in its birthing stage now, so it is raw.
But with a bit of buffering and spit swapping with other established and open source code mixtures, this instanced shell environment would allow the true creation of the virtual space that is missing from the internet.
It provides the means of creating the internet’s spacial dimension as an interactive relationship.

If you attached this to a graphical physics engine, then you would have the ability to quite literally walk through a malleable virtual library formatted in representative icons in any means desired.

Now where did I put that file?
Right, in the orange disc next to the red box.
You know…I actually meant to put the red box closer to the blue circle near the main landing area of the site.
Meh, might as well just grab that and bring that way while I’m here.

This script environment allows you the grab the internet and readjust it on the fly and send it to someone else.
If you put that into a live environment, then I could virtually throw you a concept via the internet…throw…as in to toss.
And you would see it land to you instantly.

You could play grab and throw, or catch, in this script environment.

My only real complaint is that he pasted a copy of it here rather than taking it to TED.
This should be active in society if we’re going to be a digital culture.

Is it Truly beneficial? It seems as though this techology will simply make things people already do easier and more interactive.

Yep.

Easier. More interactive.
Beneficial is a definite yes.

I would like a doctor to be able to confer with any doctor in the world in a manner a bit closer to how they would naturally share information in person than previously possible over lengths of great distances.

And ultimately, I would like to see that possible for everyone; but examples like doctors, engineers, disaster relief, allow for a representation of pragmatic benefit.

What about it’s potential for abuse, its abilty to become something people rely on.

People rely on milk from the store and bleach.
Milk can poison the right people to death, and bleach can be used as primary ingredients to bombs and drugs.

If we wanted to forbid anything man can use as a tool to harm other people, then we would have our naked bodies, and then we’d have to kill ourselves.

:laughing: What a reach! Are you saying then that this uhh… developement is no more important than Bleach or Milk?

It is at least as important as either.
Or as important as a sidewalk or telephone.

But no, that wasn’t the point.
The point was that every day objects are relied upon that can seriously hurt people.
Water is the easiest to point out.
Plastic is another great example.

But more to the point, it would be like stating that we should not have invented the telephone since it made the decision to drop the atomic bomb happen that much faster than it otherwise would have, or quite possibly the atomic bomb dropping wouldn’t have happened at all without long distance communication of the telephone.

Why is this in the social science section?