Three AM

Is this the offending item? I note a laughing emoji?

NB: I have not watched the video, and I would urge others to refrain; there can be little to be gained. No one wishes to see unnecessary destruction.

No one! :laughing:

TOPICSPOSTS
LAST POST
Non-Philosophical Chat

Last postby MagsJ View the latest post
Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:37 pm
:-k

:slight_smile:

_
I don’t find the current state of planetary affairs a laughing matter…
…faux news or otherwise.

I’m sure you’ve indulged in plenty of sex drugs and rock’n’roll,
over effecting good/positive change, so at the expense of others?
Me so good, everyone else bad… while You snort blow and fuck a hooker or two…

MagsJ, it was ironic laughter. No one!!!

Daily, there are folks who issue instructions to other folk to inflict unecessary destruction and suffering towards other, unknown folk.

One can quite easily picture a classroom, one hundred years hence, where there is resounding laughter amongst the pupils when discussing Our current state of planetary affairs. You are familiar with the expression - ‘one day we’ll laugh about this’.

Julian Assange - locked up for telling the truth. How they laughed.

I won’t contest the rest of your post, it would be a waste of my time, as you have already stated, You are sure. :laughing:

“Text books out, children. Turn to page 47, the section dealing with the great purge of 2072. I presume you have all read the opening seven paragraphs. Johnson, this is no laughing matter, these were simple folk.”

“But miss, this went on for centuries.”

“I realise that. So would you be kind enough to describe the purge in two or three sentences? Hollister, contain yourself, this is not time for mirth, we are here to learn. Johnson please.”

“In 2072, the entire populace was given a colour chart. The colour chart consisted of every shade of brown visible to the naked eye - light tan, very light tan - light shade of tan, ranging to light brown, dark brown, very dark brown…”

“Very good - and…”

“They were instructed to stand in front of a mirror and tick off the shade that best matched their skin colour.”

“And what was particular about the colour chart?”

“Particular?”

“Put your hand down, Hollister. The colour chart - was it just shades of brown?”

“No, it had white at one end, and black at the other.”

“That’s correct, and how many people put themselves down as white?”

“No one.”

“Black? Go on then Hollister.”

“No one, miss.”

“No one. And what happened in the following days?.. No one?”

I don’t remember any laughter in history class, when learning about wars and civil unrest… apart from stating what a waste of many lives all that fighting, is.

Perhaps such laughter over such things, is all that is wrong with the world.

An extreme scenario of what many themselves do, but yet demonise others for simply breathing…I hope I made my point.

No, not as far as I am concerned. You ‘came in’ throwing insults about - casting aspersions - making all manner of accusations - actually, they weren’t accusations - they were statements - things you were ‘sure’ of!

I asked you for clarification. How did I offend?

You offered no explanations - just more rudeness and insults.

Only you know why.

I did.

You have chosen to not acknowledge it…

You must forgive me, MagsJ. Sometimes, I am very very stupid; other times, I am extremely ignorant. Would it be too much to ask you to repeat your explanation. I promise to acknowledge - and, if necessary, correct my folly.

Thanks in advance.

_
Such a funny guy… not.

I stated my position in my first post… which you already responded to, with more derision.

Thank you for your response, Miss Understanding. :slight_smile:

Oh well, I tried. And having been admonished, why on earth would I attempt humour?

What’s for dinner? :-k

MagsJ, it’s not wise for you to post when you are tired…

Fatigue makes you grumpy - it impairs your vision.
Where there is protest you only see derision.

No! it’s the world and all the sub-par players in it that creates unnecessary conflicts, but not of interest.

Fatigue actually makes people passive, not aggressive, or even passive-aggressive… but nice try trying to play the ole straw-man card, in your attempt to clutch at straws.

MagsJ, I am not clutching at straws. There was never an attempt to create a straw man. Laughing at death and destruction is not in my nature - for you to suggest otherwise is just plain wrong. You have misconstrued my words.

If someone says something that upsets you, it is as well to question their motives, rather than start casting insults immediately.

“What did you mean when you said?”
“That laughing emoji, do you honestly find that kind of thing funny?”

That kind of thing. It tends to help avoid conflict. Conflict has a habit of leading to death and destruction… and hunger… and hunger occasionally leads to starvation, which very often leads to death. No laughing matter.

youtu.be/w0v_pu6miJ8

I sent an email containing the above video (‘The River Dance’) to my nine years old grandson. I thought he would appreciate the beauty. I have just seen his response!

"lol, i don’t really think it’s me!

Next time I come round don’t expect me to do that dance!"

He included one or two laughing emojis. It made laugh, and, for a fleeting moment the woes of the world were no more.

Should anyone feel the need for an hour’s respite, may I suggest you feast your eyes and ears on the following: From 1995

youtu.be/R9KkbU4yStM

Thank you for posting this. youtu.be/w0v_pu6miJ8 It awakened something inside.

In all fairness, I didn’t post it for your benefit.

Oh. You’re weird.

You’re not going to get an argument from me, fella. You sleep well.

I will. Goodnight.

Words. Mere words.

I beg your pardon?

Words. They cause so much trouble.

As much as Cannons and tanks and guns and bombs and explosives and…

…They follow words.

Come in, come in. Please, sit down. I would like you to take a look at this… did you write this?

I did indeed.

Well I have to tell you, you’re a moron.

I’m not a moron, you’re a moron.

And why am I a moron?

Tell me, did you write this?

Yes, I wrote that.

Well then, you’re a moron. Excuse me, where are you going?

I can’t listen to you any longer. I’m going to pay a visit to the local library, they allow you to use the internet. I am going to pay a visit to a philosophy forum… Phil-os-o-phy. It’s the love of wisdom, moron. You wouldn’t understand.

Ner ner ner ner ner.

Moron.

You wanna try reading a book while you’re there, you Imbecile.

You’re insane.

Moron. Make sure you wear a mask.

Do you think I’m stupid, moron.

Later that same day. Messing around in the kitchen with my wife, I referred to her - in a light-hearted fashion - I don’t recall the start of the statement, but it concluded with me calling my wife a moron. I have called my wife many names throughout our 42 years of marriage - not once have I ever described her as a moron.
The following day - again, light-heartedly - I used the word again. It just came out, there was no conscious decision to use the word.
Although we were laughing, I felt compelled to try and explain the sequence of events. Judge not, etc,

Unsuccessfully, of course.

No matter. Enjoy the Christmas Spirit.

And please accept my apologies! Lesson learned! You do and say just as you please! I’ve no idea what I was thinking! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Happy Christmas and a big thank you to all contributors at ILP.

_
Merry Christmas Derley, to you and and yours… O:)

:occasion-partyblower: :occasion-santa: :occasion-snowman: :occasion-xmas:

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Merry Christmas Mags, to you and and yours… O:)

:occasion-partyblower: :occasion-santa: :occasion-snowman: :occasion-xmas:

:slight_smile:

Decisions, decisions! What would you advise?

Heat or Eat?
Hypothermia or malnourishment/starvation?

Best to let Mister Johnson decide.

“He gets all the big decisions right.”

Mister Johnson?

I’m not available for comment at the moment. Actually, I didn’t say, I’m not available for comment at the moment. I’m not here. And if I had’ve been here, I would not have said, I’m not available for comment at the moment. I am somewhere else at the moment. And until someone tells me otherwise, I will not be here. It would be wrong of me to comment about where I am or where I may have been. I can thoroughly recommend Peppa Pig World. Forgive me. Forgive me. Forgive me. I’ll be with you in a moment. Obviously, not here. Look there, a flying pig.