Trinity of fools

what is your point…what do you want me to know

Because if that is the actual case I don’t think people perceive death correctly.

I am currently experiencing death. I think I perceive it correctly.

Impossible. You don’t experience death until you die. It’s one of those sudden changes.

I have been dying ever since I was born. I am thus experiencing death.

How do you value that?

Do you know the death philosophy of the German philosopher Martin Heidegger?

I value death in the present moment as it helps me develop a sense of urgency in life.
I am dying now (in the moment) rather than in the future - this creates an existential dilemma for me.
Therefore, I must act now. Many people I know have died.

Not a huge fan of German Philosophers.
There are plenty of threads which discuss being-toward-death and Dasein.
This is not my cup of tea as it over intellectualizes that which is simple.

I posted this in another thread recently but think it is also relevant here. I think it takes courage to see ones self as a fool.

So aging is dying?

It takes no courage at all.

What is your age?

How can you say what something is when you don’t know what it is in the first place. Belief.

I will assume you are in your early 20’s. When you watch a lot of people die, you begin to understand that death is a process rather than an event. The entire death as a singularity thing is entertaining for the mind (like a rat running around in a spinning wheel). At the end of this entertaining contemplation we are left with naught.

Birth, life and death are not singularities but rather the same process on a single continuum.

At what exact point does a person experience the creation of consciousness?

At what exact point does a person experience the cessation of consciousness?

In essence, these are the same questions but from different sides.

I am presently experiencing birth, life and death of consciousness. They are in essence the same event not separable events.

Singularity I speak of is in lak’ech.

I’ve seen people die… If you don’t die from an earlier event or whatever happening. You die from degradation. Everything changes, everything seems to rust.

When a metal machine “dies” you change it’s parts and refurbish it. The same can be done with a bio-organic body/machine. It just takes a more precise/careful procedure of which we don’t have the knowledge on how to do such yet, but one day we will. You don’t die until you die. Want to know why it is not a process but an event? Because a baby can die. Where is the process in that, young’en hasn’t even lived through “process” yet. How about being born dead? It’s an event, possibly even more important than birth. More likely that people remember your death than they remember your birth.

When I say singularity I am saying everyone being the same thing just representing unique differences. It doesn’t matter what, the tree’s, the insects, reptiles, mammals and us. Life in general is all the same thing. It all adds up to create the cycles we see.

Babies are conscious in the womb, otherwise they wouldn’t be hearing music/sounds. So technically that’s before birth even. Consciousness could have always been. We don’t know. Even plants are conscious.

We can’t say when consciousness ends. Perhaps it never does, which is the entire point of the singularity. We’re the same thing, just split up and representing differently. What kind of cycle would it be if everything was exactly the same? There would be no new… No experience. Which is the sole purpose of life/consciousness, expansion through experience.

You’re experiencing change, which is the driver of new and experience. Death is the ultimate change. For 50+ years do you sit in the same skin and bones. Death is the release and shedding of the old.

That is a particular world view that may or may not be true. Does not change the fact the I experience birth, life and death of consciousness right now in the present moment. A continuum is a continuum irrespective of anything else.

I use birth as a synonym for creation.
Birth, life, death = creation of consciousness, consciousness, cessation of consciousness.

Depends what a person then defines as consciousness.

But we don’t know that death is cessation. Awareness/consciousness is not limited to personality/uniqueness. Personality/uniqueness is what perishes, but then again isn’t that what is left behind the most? Who you ‘are’ or ‘were’? How also can we say when consciousness begins? I say we know when personality/uniqueness begins, but I don’t know about consciousness.

I define consciousness as being aware of which all life seems to be. Aware of surroundings. If insects weren’t they would not fly or run away when you swat or try to step on them. Plants are because they grow into the light and their roots seek nutes. Plants even have territorial battles.

art–your singularity may be another way of dealing with the reality of death…reality is terrible…there is no way out…no heaven

It isn’t a matter of dealing with it. There is no dealing with it, it happens regardless of if you fear it or not. How does anyone know what the reality of death is? No one living experiences death that they can remember. It’s an inescapable experience, it can occur randomly or patiently.

The majority belief of death is that it ends all experience. But why would there be an end to experiencing when that’s what it’s all about? We the universe do not die in the sense of not existing or ceasing to exist.

It’s all circles and cycles.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNdlf5TavAU[/youtube]

gonna die

What happens when a star ‘dies’?

that is physics not biology