Trinity of fools

Nothing. Carry on playing basketball with a football. :smiley:

I am a dummy now and a fool also…what exactly do you want us to do different…I need to know because I am a dummy…

One possibility might be to start with the IDK of Socrates and to explain how that could contribute to a theory of ethics. But, this is not my thread. I can only offer opinion. I’m a dummy also, but not a fool.

Rugby was invented when a soccer player picked up a soccer ball and ran with it. :smiley:

Can we get there from here? :smiley:

I believe that everyone is a fool…

Explain the point. :question:

Not everything a person does or thinks is foolish. It’s certainly not foolish at all times.

People are not irrational at all times and about everything.

phyllo I like what you post…usually it is rational…
I am using the term fool very loosely…
we are in an awful situation because of our nature and the fact that we die…
we are programed for survival…
but we know that we all die …
what an awful thing our brains have to deal with…
very few people can deal with reality…
they have to make up stories…or take drugs
I am living very nicely but the world around me is very sad and foolish…
I have been very foolish in my life…I have no problem saying I am a fool…
and I like everyone else to be on board…
but I understand those who do not want to be considered a fool…

You don’t even know what death is.

you are right…I am not dead yet…

Don’t you know the singularity?

which singularity art…are you referring to

I continue to be amazed that people object to being a fool and foolish. Is it such a bad thing to be.

For me, this is a very spiritual topic. Not about religion and God though. Does spirituality need to be about religion and God?

Acknowledging that I am foolish and a fool is at the core of my being. It is not a bad word and I don’t feel bad when I say it about myself. It is like having a disease. I cannot be cured of my disease until I ackowledge its existence. If I aspire to be wise and have wisdom (which I don’t) then I need to start from where I am at and acknowledge where I am at.

I am a foolish fool… But I aspire to have wisdom. I respected my parents a lot. I think they were wise (not fools). They were good role models for me. They were not perfect and made mistakes… But they did the best with what they had.

To do the best with what you have got is not foolish. I think I waste my life a lot. My parents did not waste their lives.

jr im with you on this…I have made so many mistakes in my life so far…but I keep trying to understand…I am still foolish but that is ok

Thanks Turtle,

Even though I am old… I miss my parents (who have passed away).
I think it is good to reflect on ones own foolishness and stupidity.
Is this not spirituality?

Everything being connected. In lak’ech?

what is your point…what do you want me to know

Because if that is the actual case I don’t think people perceive death correctly.

I am currently experiencing death. I think I perceive it correctly.