Universes,order vs chaos

:-k What if there are three universes? One the universe itself, two the earth three man or mans mind. We know order exists within mans mind and within the earth but what about our universe that engulfs our planet and us as humans? Why does a tornado have a order in the funnel and chaos outside of itself plus a hurricane as well What divides oe science have a answer? pljames

science can’t answer questions that involve words with unclear definitions. if you ask a scientist “Does a zingclatter exist?” and the scientist asks you, “Well what does that word mean?” and all you can say is, “I don’t know what it means,” then the best answer of even the smartest, most well-read, highest-IQ scientist will be “Well, if you don’t know what that word means, then I don’t know the answer to the question.”

So, what’s a universe? You seem to be using it in a very unconventional way, which implies that you’re probably using an unconventional definition. What is it?

If you will space galaxies stars suns universe. What else can you call it? pljames :question:

“Chaos sive Naturae.”

would you mind translating that into english?

He means ‘everything’.
But everything can consist of
stuff you haven’t thought of.

For instance, if the universe is a fractal, and
atoms mimic galaxies, then there is intelligence in atoms.

john

I’ve noticed that Flannel has a hard time understanding English. That is a great way to ignore things, even though other people understand it. #-o

…one of those “on occasion” times that I have to agree. :sunglasses:

“The universe” typically means EVERYTHING physical including the Earth and homosapian, not merely those stars up there.

Might be useful to note that, to the best of human knowledge and with a high degree of confidence, none of these things is true.

Are Black Holes true, Twiffy?
Does matter really compact itself to the
point of crushing itself into (virtually) no
space and yet retain all its mass and gravity?
How does that work, exactly?

Oh, yeah, matter just HAS mass, and gravity is caused
just by the matter BEING there. Convincing arguments.

john

Actually according to the standard model, matter is given mass by how it interacts with the Higgs field, some fundamental particles are affected by the field more than others (creating a sort of “dragging” effect), hence the different masses of objects. The more particles there are hence the more interactions there are and the greater the inertial mass.

Properly stated as contemporary physics would proclaim.
…although entirely untrue.

No, wait.

What is the “Higgs Field”? How is it produced? What makes
some particles interact with it differently? Are particles both
drawn to it and pushed away, or are all particles drawn
to it OR pushed away?

john

I’m not sure a hypothesis can be entirely untrue. If they find the Higgs then the mechanism will however at least have a basis. After all this is the same process by which all the forces work. Unsubstantiated as of yet, yes, untrue? That’s of course impossible to ascertain without evidence. Interestingly there are some tentative hits on the Higgs from CERN atm, although they are not conclusive.

The same way the electromagnetic field is produce by the emission of photons, by the emission of gravitons.
Some particles interact differently, I suspect this is dependant on the energy of the particles in question, just as it is in the electromagnetic field.
Gravitation is solely attractive.

Than electromagnetic field is in some serious trouble, because they’ve never found what they call gravitons.

The electromagnetic field is mediated by photons not gravitons. The gravitational field will however be in trouble if they do not find the Higgs. The graviton would be implied by the existence of the Higgs boson.

As far as I’ve heard, the graviton is suppose to exist if gravity exists, and that the graviton is what is “discharged” with gravity. And I had a dilemma for that electromagnetic comment with emission of something, but I can’t figure out how to express it. But it’s there!

As far as I’ve heard, the graviton is suppose to exist if gravity exists, and that the graviton is what is “discharged” with gravity. And I had a dilemma for that electromagnetic comment with emission of something, but I can’t figure out how to express it. But it’s there!
[/quote]
Suck gravity makes no sense.
Every mass sends out ‘gravitons’ in all directions,
interminably, forever, just because the mass exists?
Without any change to the mass?
And these gravitons travel outward at c or more
and when they encounter another mass they
exert a force on it in the opposite direction to which
they are travelling
?
It doesn’t sound very well thought-out.
john

The Stanford Model is bogus.
The only way a graviton can ever exist, is to redefine the word such as to reflect something that actually exists.
It wouldn’t be the first time truth is claimed through rewriting history by redefining the words.

No one has claimed anything yet it’s still hypothetical.

Stanford model, I assume that’s some wry joke. :slight_smile: